Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: All Things LaserBoy

Hey guys... This thread is cracking me up

The visualisation going on in my head is most entertaining, it's brightened up an otherwise dull morning

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Smile This may be the first time I've seen "safety word" mentioned on PL...

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    No blood. No nudity. Strictly head-games. Verbal abuse with light pain. The safety word is "oregano".
    Shudder...
    Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    Who says you get a say in this?
    OOOH KAYYY then....

(Buffo nervously backs away from the thread.)

Adam

I think you need a better safety word. How about...

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

It's the name of a town in Wales UK.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch
    It's the name of a town in Wales UK.
    Good Grief!

Uh, yeah - I'd like to buy a vowel...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Good Grief!

Uh, yeah - I'd like to buy a vowel...

Adam
    To use a quote from Blackadder (you have seen Blackadder haven't you?)...

"Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?"
    "No, but I've often thought I'd like to."
    "Well don't, it's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close harmony singing. You need half a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce the placenames. Never ask for directions in Wales Baldrick, you'll be washing spit out of your hair for a fortnight."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    (you have seen Blackadder haven't you?)
    Actually, no - I haven't. Never even heard of it.
    You need half a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce the placenames. Never ask for directions in Wales Baldrick, you'll be washing spit out of your hair for a fortnight."
    Oh damn... That's priceless! And yeah, it's true. I've been to Wales once, for about a week. Almost as hard to understand the accent there as it was in Scotland. I suppose if I lived there for a few years I'd get used to it, but it was a real shock to hear someone talking the same languange I was and *still* not be able to understand them.

I guess cockney would have been even worse though. Thankfully I've never encountered it in real life.

On the subject of funny accents (and picking on the Scots in particular), did you ever see Robin Williams' stand up routine about golf? Oh man... I nearly pissed my pants when I first heard it. And while he's no Scot, he actually does a half-way decent job of imitating the accent. (Well, he's got the timing down anyway.)

For the record, when I was in the Navy my submarine used to refit out of a ship anchored in Holy Loch, Scotland (near Dunoon). Damn, I miss the awesome fish and chips you used to be able to get. (If you were lucky, you'd get it wrapped in a page 3 girl!)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Actually, no - I haven't. Never even heard of it.
    Oh, I owe you an education then ... Take a look here for a start

http://homepage.eircom.net/%257Eodys...lackadder.html

For the record, when I was in the Navy my submarine used to refit out of a ship anchored in Holy Loch, Scotland (near Dunoon). Damn, I miss the awesome fish and chips you used to be able to get. (If you were lucky, you'd get it wrapped in a page 3 girl!)
    You're making me feel hungry now, it's almost teatime here... Fish and chips for tea perhaps

Jem

I still remember my first phone conversation with heroic. I said...... "Uh, that accent... Where are you from?"

She said "The UK! And you are from Ohio!"

She's right, you know!

James.