Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SP168 in recovery - Rob on cloud 9!

Well done that man - Darn good work Rob and well worth it.
    Just come off the phone to him and he's a well made up bloke I can tell thee

Can't wait to see the coloured beast do some beams!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Still no Lasing but I have just run it for a good 20 mins or so and its happy - ramped it up to 30A but mostly idles it at 20A - looks like I will have to dig the old hene out tomorrow so with that in mind I decided to pop the optics and clean them - if I have to realign might as well do the optics now!

Pix of it lasing WILL follow tomorrow.

Dont think I will sllepm tonight

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Good Man Rob !!!!!

I know how hard you've worked on this to try and get it going for the meet. Looks like all your efforts will finally pay off.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thumbs up Job well done

Nice job Rob....

Look forward to seeing it up and running soon...

So you are still able to breathe after machining all that tuffnol? I used to work with that stuff, full of cyanide eeeuuurrrggghhhh.....

Mark

cyanide....now ya tell me!

I used to use it years ago and the pungent smell of it brought those memories flooding back...Didnt have too much trouble when I was turning it as I did it at very low speed so there was very little dust or pong.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

The stuff wee used was for aircraft components and is basically fabrics compressed together with cyanide and formaldahide... Filthy stuff

Great job on the fabrication! I was an avionics tech in the US Navy years ago & had to deal with "Cannon plugs" all the time. Some of them were pretty slick, but many were just plain over-engineered for their own good.
    -Mike

Light ladies and gentlemen we have light!

Rob

Smile

Pics?

You know we're all suckers for pics of your lovely 168...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Light ladies and gentlemen we have light!

Rob
    Err... What sort of light ??? I sincerely hope it's of the coherent variety and white

well done again!

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001