Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SP168 in recovery - Rob on cloud 9!

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    That's what I'm talkin bout! Now we will need videos of all the beam shows you have.
    Fook me man ya dont want much!!!
    I do have a little bit of footage shot specially 4 U
    Will put it up for your pleasure shortly

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    Oh man!
    My thoughts exactly - it makes all the hours of toil and heartache dissolve from memory

What lines are you getting out of this?
    There are usual argons of 458(weak) 476 488 496 501 (these 2 are weak as well) 514 and of course that lovely Krypton 647 I have the blues tied together (476 488 458)

Fantastic!
    I know!

I bet the beam quality is untouchable too!
    Perfect real tight and all lines the same so no near/far field issues to worry or care about

Yes I am pretty damned happy

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Those pics of the beam are breth takingly crisp. Just one question. In the first pic between white and red you seem to be able to create a sort of grey colour. Or is it just an illusion? Anyway fantastic to see it in full operation for the first time for me since joining PL.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Very nice work, Rob! Glad to see you got it working again. C'mon now, you know you want to drag that thing to SELEM!

edit-Question, how are you running that thing? 3phase isn't standard in England, is it?!
    I would love to come and see you boys but the SP is staying firmly in this country - though it has had an excursion to Australia before I owned it.
    Power is 1ph the 265 was converted/modded by the previous owner. Its a bit senestive to volts but is OK

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Yes Carl it is an optical illusion that is in the abstracts bit of Pango LD and the colour is refered to as Rainbow2 + grey! Its odd cos you know it cant work but it does!
    Get ready to see it in 2 weeks time

Rob

Oh I figured it would be a bit much to ship that thing around. We'd always love to have you join us at SELEM, with or with the ion!

The 1ph 265 sounds interesting. Do you know what was done to mod it for single phase?

In the colors (ummm.... colours) I see in your beams, are we looking at some pure lines? Looks like the red and green are. Is that cyan pure 488? What about the blue and the violet?

What are you using to split them out; a PCAOM? Fill us in.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    The 1ph 265 sounds interesting. Do you know what was done to mod it for single phase?
    Not entirely - theres a couple o big F'off electrolyics in the underside of it that shouldnt be there
    Otherwise I dunno.

Link for a spot of video - just for Aaron - just dubbed a tune on for the hellovit
    www.stanwax.plus.com/laser/168.wmv

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I would love to come and see you boys but the SP is staying firmly in this country - though it has had an excursion to Australia before I owned it.
    Power is 1ph the 265 was converted/modded by the previous owner. Its a bit senestive to volts but is OK

Rob

what,,,single phase,how??,i would like to be enlightened with this.
    As for being voltage sensitive ,in what ways?

In the colors (ummm.... colours) I see in your beams, are we looking at some pure lines? Looks like the red and green are. Is that cyan pure 488? What about the blue and the violet?

What are you using to split them out; a PCAOM? Fill us in.

James.
    Oh yes the colours (ummm....colors)are pure for green and red, cyan is green & all the blue lines and the others are just controlled with the software (Pango LD) and yes its a neos 8ch PCAOM but only controling red green and all blue lines tied.

Rob

Somehow, with caps and or coils, you need to create a whopping high power phase shift that matches the impedance of the whole system. Nice trick! I wonder if it works at 50Hz! Was it originally two or three phase?

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 07-27-2008 at 20:46.