Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: one (just one) SCANPRO 40 galvo

Unhappy Wanted: one (just one) SCANPRO 40 galvo

Hi all,

after a disaster last night I seem to need just one replacement SCANPRO 40 galvo. The amp and power supply and indeed the other scanner seems to be fine, but the galvo itself... is a sad bunny.

Anyone got one laying around? I need this pretty quickly, and have money waiting.

Heh I was in a situation like this a few weeks ago, where it appeared one of my scanpro 20's galvo died. It was heating itself and the driver up very fast. What is wrong with it?

The coil in it's gone open-circuit. I think it may just have been an early failure (they had a total of about fifteen hours on them.)

is your year warranty up?
    -Josh

That warranty is only useful if you can send your scan set back to china and wait two months for a replacement.

gotcha

that sucks!

not sure if this is doable for you at the moment but what about buying a new set then sending back your old ones to get warrantied then once they send you back your scanners you could sell them and make most of your money back
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    That warranty is only useful if you can send your scan set back to china and wait two months for a replacement.
    More like 2 weeks it really all depends how fast you are at returning the set.. At our end turnaround from receiving the set to sending out a repaired set is a matter of a couple of days...
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Cool

More like 2 weeks
    I was going to say the same thing... It doesn't take them all that long to turn parts around. The only real delay is getting the part returned in the first place.

Of course, if you have a gig to do in a week or less, then you're screwed. But 2 weeks is doable.

How urgently do you need the replacement?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    More like 2 weeks it really all depends how fast you are at returning the set.. At our end turnaround from receiving the set to sending out a repaired set is a matter of a couple of days...
    Sadly two weeks would really be pushing it :-( If I can get a replacement galvo (and thanks to your help I guess I can ) then I'm pretty sure I can tune it up quickly. You guys are a loooong way from here, sadly- I wish you were on my doorstep, then I could just pop round with my broken stuff

Sometimes life is really complicated, isn't it?

Mine died with an open coil too.... it went intermittent ... then after trying to figure out what was wrong with it it finally went open. Sorry about no spares. You can try to fix the one you have got. If you have some #29 magnet wire ... I think that is the gauge and some patience. I ended up buying a replacement though...