Thread: The CDRH would be pleased, I think!

Default The CDRH would be pleased, I think!

Well, after having completed my projector well over a year ago... I finally got around to making a remote control box. I wanted to build something that could tap into the ilda cable and work without having to add an additional connector to my projector, which also means I didn't have to lug around another long cable just to be able to remotely power off the projector. This box runs off the voltage on the interlock loop as well as 5V added to pin12, which is a not connected on pangolin and is identified as a projector signal return according to the ILDA standard as listed on laserfx.com website.

Glad to have finally gotten it done!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08563.JPG  

DSC08564.JPG  

Question Put me down for one.

As the person making the first order for one... what kind of discount do I get?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Ha! You buy the parts and I'll throw it together for free. How does that sound for customer service?! I found that EPO button at Sky Craft a few months ago, not sure where another one like it can be purchased. It was actually on a larger console that said it was for an Excimer Laser.

Very nice David!

I actually have one built myself, but I decided to go with a second cable rather than using the ILDA cable as you did. Still need to re-wire the projector internals though before I can hook it up.

I put mine in one of those heavy aluminum boxes I got at Skycraft. (Aaron, you remember the one.) Not as cool looking as yours though. (You must have had some spare anodized aluminum left over from the projector build for the top cover... Looks great!)

Pics:

Side view showing connector on front:

The big red 2 inch diameter "scram switch" on top only lights up when everything is enabled, the keyswitch is on, and the interlock circuit is closed. (Thus it serves as both an emission indicator *and* a handy way to find the kill switch in the dark.) The green run button is the start/reset switch.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 07-27-2008 at 06:31. Reason: added pics

very nice!

safety never looked so good
    -Josh

I am thinking I'd like to build something similar one day. The only thing is my laser is only 40mw, not real dangerous scanning at 20K

Nice work!