Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mobolazer 300mW argon?

im wondering what the "0-10V" analog in is. ??? i thought at first an ilda connector. but i dont think that it is.

??

any ideas what i could soak the mirrors and mounts in?? im thinking just hot soap and water. they are FILLLLLTHY!!!!! literally about a 1/4" of dust and smoke residue on them.

-Marc

Looks like a Laser Physics Reliant head.

hey mark
    it uses one of those lighting touch panels
    if you want i have one i dont know how well it works but it seems to function and i also have a 1/4 w argon i could sell
    just give me a call ill see what we can work out

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

Hey John-

I am retro-fitting the projector with a yag. so, the optics part and projector itself will be going back into use. the argon head (pics below) i would LOVE to get back up and running.

im trying to find a schematic and info for this unit on SAMS faq, but cant seem to find anything. although im not too familiar with navigating that site. anyone have info on this?

Its a (GREAT call Quazar! ):

Laser Physics
    Reliant 250M

i also want to know what the optics are on the side rail of the projector are? im thinking dichros to separate lines from the argon?? the first actuator is the shutter. the other ones...???

-Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MOBOLASER 020_1_shut.jpg  

MOBOLASER 019_1.jpg  

MOBOLASER 018_1.jpg  

MOBOLASER 016_1.jpg  

MOBOLASER 015_1.jpg  

MOBOLASER 013_1.jpg  

MOBOLASER 012_1.jpg  

MOBOLASER 011_1.jpg  

Yea those are dicros for the lines. Laser Physics does not exist any more but I know some one who worked for them and he would know who is your best chance at at getting it running.

If I remember correct the 0- to 10 was just that. Analog inputs to actuate the motors.

That would be a great little argon if you could get that sucker running.

Last but not least. That thing needs a good bath. Can't believe it didn't burn the building down.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

yeah, theres about 1/4" of dust built up on this. i REALLY would love to get this baby goin. would you mind PM'ing me (chad) with your friends name and #? or if he would even be interested in helpin me at all.

anyone else? some info as to where and even start trouble shooting this. i know theres some seriously hazardous voltages inherent with those tubes also. i dont want to start just poking around without some sort of scehmatics.

-Marc

I just bought the same laser. Just not as dirty. I do believe mine is a 300mw but I have the same sticker as you do on it. Sorry I'm new to the hobby so I can't help you on the technical side of things. I just figure out how to run the sky scan attachment. And yes I have my paper work in for the variance.

Wow thats alotta dust! Try getting some compressed air and blowing it all out, the dust could possibly be shorting something!

Default Re mobolazer

Hi i have a mobolazer that was a 5mw red system.
    i have just fittied a 300mw diode to it and its not very easy !
    They take allot of setting up the beam path to get it to exit all 8 laser turrets.

i have the system on ebay with some links to you tube clips
    if you need any pics of the inside or how the laser diode fits give me a shout.

i also built my own sky scan system for it

regards
    adam

Gottaluvlasers,

I talked to Casey and he said that Don at DZ laser service is the go to guy for those. He is what is left from laser physics.

http://www.dzlaser.com/index.php?ID=74

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.