Thread: NEED HELP - EU Lights Pro-Laser CL 350mw

Default NEED HELP - EU Lights Pro-Laser CL 350mw

hi all,

Please i need some advice, i purchased a 350mw laser from EU lights, worked great for around 1year...it recently started displaying funny "0000" characters on the back LED display. When the unit is turned on/off you can see that it fires up for a second then goes off.

I paid a lot of money for this item. The company are not being very helpful...is there someone out there that can repair this?

Can i use the 350mw diode and place it into another laser casing? any assistance will be greatly appreciated...

a little more info...???

pics? sounds to me like the "0's" youre seeing is some sort of a DMX error code. i am guessing this is a pre-assembled DMX controlled laser system??

name?
    model?
    control?
    pics?
    laser powers?
    laser types?

if it is a DMX error, chances are, the DMX board can just be replaced. especially if you said the system wants to fire up and then turns off.

people here are more than willing to help as much as possible, just give us a little to work with....

-Marc

sorry to double post.

just went to their website. is it the green system?? and it IS DMX controlled. chances are, it is probably just addressed wrong. were any dip switches on the back messed with? make sure the switches are set to the proper setting.

all set to "0" (or off) will be...??? (usually computer control or master control)
    all set to on will be slave
    dip switch 1- on....rest off will be DMX control. (through a light board)

(the above are just EXAMPLES by the way!!)

the manual should tell you the DMX addressing of the dip switches.

thank you for your response marc,

I will get pictures uploaded asap!!!

More information
    The unit was preassembled, when the unit was working correctly the 4 digit DMX LED would light up. At the momment there is no charachters displaying..there are no dip switchs on the unit and pressing any of the 3 small buttons labelled "NUM, DMX and CON" does nothing.

Regarding the below information i have the following...

name? ----- EU Lights Pro-Laser CL 350mw
    model? ------ http://www.lifeismusic.co.uk/lights/...0MW-G-519.aspx

control? --- dont know
    pics? ----- will upload pics shortly
    laser powers? --- 350mw green
    laser types? ----- dont know

It seems like one of the circuit boards has failed. I will be taking pictures today of the unit open, as i know absolutley nuffin about lasers but am amazed at the laser community here and would like to be part of it.

Im hoping the pictures will be helpful and somone might be able to recognise the components used.

Once again MARC thanks, i appreciate you taking the time to look into this issue. Pictures to follow real soon!

no problem. we all run into major problems here once in a while and all of the members help out as much as they can.

its a real shame that his company doesnt want to do the right thing and try to support their product. im sorry you have a lot of hard earned money invensted in this and cant get it to work.

do you have the manual for the unit?? im trying to figure out what the
    NUM and CON buttons could be.

if all else fails, i would guess that the parts inside can all be stripped and can be re-made into a BETTER projector. (computer control).

if the laser module is still good (which im pretty positive it is) and the scanning system is good, you have 80% of the cost already taken care of. you already have a case, and already have all the electronics. all you would pretty much need would be hardware/software control. and thats where the lovely Pangolin FB3 comes in! (VERY affordable and great software!)

i would say send it to me to look at, but im across the pond from you and it would be pretty expensive to do so. there are quite a few members here from the UK. maybe one will jump in and offer some more in depth troubleshooting suggestions for you.

ill help through here as much as possible.

-Marc

I get tired of saying this, but here goes ....

If you take a couple of minutes to fill in your profile we'll all be able to see what area you are in.

There's always a chance that there may be someone who can help you who lives not very far from you. Assuming that you are in the UK there's the UK laser meet coming up on 10th August, there's certain to be someone there who can take a look at your projector for you.

PLEASE do the polite thing and introduce yourself and tell us which area you're from

BTW... Welcome to the best laser forum on the planet

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    if all else fails, i would guess that the parts inside can all be stripped and can be re-made into a BETTER projector. (computer control).
    According to the sites selling the thing, it already has USB. The 7-segment displays and NUM and CON buttons seem to preclude it having an FB3 in it, though...

Everywhere I've seen it on sale seems to be charging an arm and a leg for it, and EU Lights don't seem to exist any more, which is a bit worrying.