Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donate Button - Anyone noticed it ?

Default Donate Button - Anyone noticed it ?

Hi

In the PL menu there is now a 'Donate' button (in green). If you haven't noticed it why not take a look.

It seems that PL is growing at a rapid rate and that Spec is facing increasing costs for server upgrades.

I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that a laser enthusiasts life would be a whole lot emptier without this great forum.

So guys (and gals ), why not do your bit, get your wallet (or purse) out and show your support for Spec and Photonlexicon

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I noticed it and I agree with all you say my friend.
    Go click the button boys and girls - its not going in anyones pocket - but it will ensure our community remains here to share its wealth that is beyond money.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hi

In the PL menu there is now a 'Donate' button (in green). If you haven't noticed it why not take a look.

It seems that PL is growing at a rapid rate and that Spec is facing increasing costs for server upgrades.

I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that a laser enthusiasts life would be a whole lot emptier without this great forum.

So guys (and gals ), why not do your bit, get your wallet (or purse) out and show your support for Spec and Photonlexicon

Jem
    btdt (i need at least 15 characters...DONATE!!!!)

How much do you need? That will determine how much I donate.

I've been in the ISP biz for 12 years. There is no doubt that this site is very hungry for recourses!

Feed it.

James.

PS. I have only done one site that might be anywhere near as complex and hungry as this one. I only did it for 4.5 months (and I got paid). This site has an ever expanding database behind it! It is supposed to become infinitely large! It also must be run on a system that is fast enough to get you want you want out of all that.

Thanks for the years of community, knowledge and something fun to do everyday!

My donation was the one from my partner's akrobiz.com email address. In case you hadn't noticed, I wouldn't have much to do, if not for the PL.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 07-31-2008 at 20:46.

Just made my donation. I don't think it matters how much he needs. He's paid for this site out of pocket for the past 2-3 years, maybe longer. And I can't imagine how many hours he's put into the thing. Thanks for the great site Spec!

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    How much do you need? That will determine how much I donate.
    I suspect he needs all the money it costs.
    Just drop him what you can. If we all do that then things will ease off a bit and if you can donate more in the future then great as he says on the donate page if you can do it regularly that will help too.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I suspect he needs all the money it costs.
    Just drop him what you can. If we all do that then things will ease off a bit and if you can donate more in the future then great as he says on the donate page if you can do it regularly that will help too.

Rob
    Just done (a little amount but sincere...)

donated

DEFINITELY worth every penny! i think we should all make it a point to try and help out each month. theres probably a good 50-75 active members at least. if we all donated even a buck each month, that would probably take a big burden off of spec.

just a thought.

-Marc

YEAH good idea! i spoke with spec about it too!!

i will donate later tonight when funds are sent to my paypal!!
    -Josh