Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Laser show software Medialas or laserworld ?

Hi David

its important for you to realise that QS is designed to use the FB3 but not the flashcard card. Infact the new version of the FB3 thats due out in the next few monts will not have a flash card (FB3QS) With the current hardware you get a suite of programs called LA studio. Included in this is LiveQuick which allows you to upload to the card - Quickshow does NOT let you do this. Content for the card must be created in the LA studio suite of programs (or from other apps that save into ilda format), but not from Quickshow.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I've found more info about the FB3 and it's Livequick controlling software:
    "Triggering cues: You can create 48 cues in each of 9 workspace pages.
    Each cue can be a word, logo, graphic, animation, beam effect or even a complete show"

but according to this pangolin forum thread, looks like quickshow can't export it's timeline show

I'm puzzled.
    what exactly is a "complete show"?

can it only be created with more advanced Pangolin products than QS?

looks like QS and FB3 might not be the product for me afterall

can someone confirm this?

Hi Rob,

you beat me to it..

let's have a look at this LA studio package then...

thanks.

David

you can create complete shows in showrider part of the LA Studio package. I think what they are saying by suggesting you can upload a whole show is that there isnt a limit to the cue you upload - if they said you can just load cues to the card people may consider there were much tighter limitationsto what can be stored.
    The uploaded cue can be set to play on power up of the FB3 - which is quite useful.
    There are many other ways to trigger the stored cues without the computer attached

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Rob to the rescue again,
    brilliant.

been spending an hour looking for LA studio on the Pangolin site... it's well hidden..

Showrider looks like it could be promising,
    where can i find more info about it?
    -is there a timeline?
    -fonts?

could i just program what i need LA studio+FB3 with XD card without Quickshow?
    i need the whole show (150 odd cues of text with precise timing) to run automatically on power up, preferably from a SD device only (no computer, DMX, MIDI or keyboard if possible)

thanks in advance

david