View Poll Results: Does the company owe a duty of care to rectify the scanning isssue

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should the company have checked the scanner config?

0 0%
  • Should there be any monies paid to company

0 0%
  • Have you experienced something different from vendor delevery

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to expect from a scanner upgrade

Default What to expect from a scanner upgrade

I recently had two 1W lasers upgraded to 45K SP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MATRIX..jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	15034 Click image for larger version. 

ID:	15034

When the machines were returned they basically projected fine until I used Live Text and the the wording came out backwards.

Here is where I have the delema and I thought your input would help.

Is there a duty of care for the installer to check the existing configuration and set the scanners so the words do not come out backwards.

I was told by the company that this is a standard configuration for projecting against a scrim. Now I don't do that and my argument is that the existing configuration should have been tested to confirm my operational requirements. I project scrolling text on the rear of the building.

This has cost me $1700 and any advice would be welcome on moderating this situation. I did not expect to write to write a technical brief to the installer and assumed common sense would see confirmation of the existing configuration.

I was also unhappy that the installer said it was tried on pangolin LD2000.I have the same software and was shocked when I saw demonic writing on the wall.

Finally I believe to sum up is that what I wanted projected I want to see whats in the LD2000 preview window being projected.

well there is probably jumpers on the amps to invert x or y

and inside of any software it can be changed so there is no real problem

Really, I'm not sure you really know enough about lasers to be using high power ones like the ones you've shown.

Given that you are a retailer, and you sell Pangolin gear, I'd expect you to know the basics of scanner axis inversion, whether in the software or on the hardware.

I would have considerable concerns buying anything from you, in the event I needed to come back for any technical support. Your previous threads on this forum have done nothing to make anyone think any differently either.

There are valid reasons for using either orientation, so I don't believe the installers have done anything that a) is not appropriate, or b) not easily fixed by you using basic knowledge/common sense.

You could have sorted the problem quicker than typing your original post.

Quote Originally Posted by djtraximus View Post
    I recently had two 1W lasers upgraded to 45K SP.

Click image for larger version. 

ID:	15034 Click image for larger version. 

ID:	15034

When the machines were returned they basically projected fine until I used Live Text and the the wording came out backwards.

Here is where I have the delema and I thought your input would help.

Is there a duty of care for the installer to check the existing configuration and set the scanners so the words do not come out backwards.

I was told by the company that this is a standard configuration for projecting against a scrim. Now I don't do that and my argument is that the existing configuration should have been tested to confirm my operational requirements. I project scrolling text on the rear of the building.

This has cost me $1700 and any advice would be welcome on moderating this situation. I did not expect to write to write a technical brief to the installer and assumed common sense would see confirmation of the existing configuration.

I was also unhappy that the installer said it was tried on pangolin LD2000.I have the same software and was shocked when I saw demonic writing on the wall.

Finally I believe to sum up is that what I wanted projected I want to see whats in the LD2000 preview window being projected.
    I agree with VJ Aiwaz, Norty and the people who provided your projector. That is standard configuration for projecting on scrim. Since you can change these settings in software if you want to, you really have no reason to hold it against the manufacturer. They did their job correctly.

Default Your Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Really, I'm not sure you really know enough about lasers to be using high power ones like the ones you've shown.

Given that you are a retailer, and you sell Pangolin gear, I'd expect you to know the basics of scanner axis inversion, whether in the software or on the hardware.

I would have considerable concerns buying anything from you, in the event I needed to come back for any technical support. Your previous threads on this forum have done nothing to make anyone think any differently either.

There are valid reasons for using either orientation, so I don't believe the installers have done anything that a) is not appropriate, or b) not easily fixed by you using basic knowledge/common sense.

You could have sorted the problem quicker than typing your original post.
    I am an IT Enterprise Architect with an interest in lasers. So I am not professing to be a laser whiz at all. You guys live and breath these things and understand in detail how they work. I joined this forum to learn. So please go easy on the criticism. I am sharing with you issues that I face that from my professional point of view which are very different. I am not a hands on technical person. My life is to write technology plans for a multinational banks and roll out processes to 10 countries in Asia Pacific.

We all got to start somewhere.

Traximus-

With your original question in mind, and in response to that, I agree with the other responses given. I have heard of many manufacturers now orienting their scanners to project as if to be projecting on a scrim (rear projection). I personally do not do that with my builds, but it shouldnt be viewed upon as the manufacturer doing something wrong.

In your software there is very easy fixes. You can invert X axis, Y axis and even swap axes. Or the scanner amps also have jumpers (most likely) to change the axes. Software fix will probably be easier.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

http://www.djtraximus.com/

mate you sell and hire lasers.....

u need to know more seriously, i mean read the manuals and give your customers technical backup.

dude....

This is like:
    An owner of a gas-station buying a new car, complaining that the fuel-lid is on the wrong side.

Projector settings

Invert X
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

From his website:

DJ Traximus can really add some wow factor to your entertainment event. Mobile DJ, Exhibitions, Raves, Corporate Events and Club rental. Our lasers in the hire range are best suited for large venues. These are high performance professional lasers. We provide an operator for setup and safety throughout the show. We work well with DJs in large venues. We are Illlawarra based and travel anywhere.
    ...although the writing may be back to front sometimes and we're not sure how to put it right

I'm sorry I may have come across a bit strong last night, but seriously, I would really have hoped you'd have a basic understanding of what you are using and selling. If you haven't found the axis reverse, is there also a chance you haven't found the BAM's and other ways to bring your large laser displays under control, or even measure them for safety in the first place?

You've really been around long enough (longer than I have actually based on youtube and internet history) in the domain of lasers to know more than you do.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this, but really, something about the way you operate just makes me feel all offended - you come here hawking your wares to us, and yet time after time demostrate you probably aren't in a position to be selling stuff to people, because you simply don't know enough yourself to advise them properly.