Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ScanPro40 scanners from LaserShowParts.com

Cool

Sorry to burst your bubble, Ray, but yeah - it is what you think it is... Right down to the freaky angle mount, even!

I should have them running in time for SELEM. A *massive* review will likely follow after I've had time to hammer them really hard to see how they hold up. Gotta check the performance and all....

Granted, they'll never be Cambridge, but I want to see how close they can come... (at 1/3 the price!)

Crap. Guess the cat's out of the bag now...

Adam

WOOOOT i like cats! and especially when they are not in bags!
    -Josh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Pooooooo...

Never mind I'll take the high road.... stick to my a Rolls is a Rolls thats a fact Jack...

Look forward to the review and think about what I could have spent the other two thousand dollars on.

Still Dave's the one that lost out I could have bought three if he had told me like you say three for one...

Cheers

Ray

Cool

Were the 6215's only $2000? I thought they were more than that.

I don't know the pricing on these units, but I figure they'll be under a grand. Not sure how much under though. Details to follow after SELEM 2008.

Adam

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Were the 6215's only $2000? I thought they were more than that.

Adam
    HAH! He said "only"...

Cool

You know what I meant!

Adam

hey i'll sell you my soul....

and for only 2000 dollars

-Josh

Hey Adam..

I said the OTHER two thousand dollars, that is the change I was hoping to get after buying the new units... assuming 3 chinese units $$ equals one CT unit.$$$$ ..

RAy

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    I said the OTHER two thousand dollars, that is the change I was hoping to get after buying the new units... assuming 3 chinese units $$ equals one CT unit.$$$$ ..
    Oh... *OUCH*!

Damn... That's *real* money you're talking about there, Ray. Sigh... Well, I'll keep you posted. Check back after SELEM - I should have some more info.

Adam

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    If you're thinking about getting a set of scanners to do graphics, and you're on the fence between a set of 30K units (or maybe the DT-40 Pro's) and the new ScanPro40's, I *strongly* recommend these new ScanPro40's. They offer a large improvement over either the ScanPro30's or the DT-40's for just a little more money. True, they may be more than you need if you only want to do beamshows, but you never know when you'll want to do abstracts and graphics. These scanners can certainly handle whatever you throw at them.

Adam
    I second everything Adam said in his review - these scanners are GREAT!
    Mine were PERFECTLY TUNED out of the box, so the only adjustment I had to make was flipping a couple of jumper plugs on my Y-axis amp to invert the signal, which took all of 10 seconds.

I can even run the Pangolin LINEA raster show now and actually see what the raster images look like!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....