Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of pics.

Default A couple of pics.

Nothing too eye popping here, but, about a week ago i did a Laser ad display for a Nightclub and DJ in Hartford, CT. here are a couple pics of the night.

It was a benefit for the American Cancer Society (Which i do A LOT of work for!!) and the Dana Farber Institute.

i was set up about 300 yards away and was shooting perpindicular to I-91 and I-84 (BOTH are VERY big highways!! ) so, visibility was PERFECT for advertising!!

-Marc

heres a few pics-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rand1.jpg  

rand2.jpg  

rand3.jpg  

rand4.jpg  

oh, wonderful
    good Ad.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

It looks great, that building is an excellent screen. What's the power of the laser?

yes, that was Laser Heaven. a 20 (or so) hotel with a broad, blank, SOLID white side wall. PERFECT!

its a 3 Watt. Melles.

-Marc

Cool

Where were you projecting from? (I'm guessing the parking lot across the street, but how did you maintain security around the projector?) How long did you run the ad? (Just a couple hours, all night, or several nights?)

What's the process for getting a variance for an outdoor show like that? I mean, with the beams terminating on a building and all, I wouldn't think that you'd need to get the FAA involved at all... But I'm not positive on that.

Was it a big hassle, or did you just use your standard traveling variance? (And did you have to have a spotter on-site while the laser was on?) What about helicopters?

I gotta admit, it looks awesome... And you're right - perfect location with a pair of highways intersecting like that. How lucky can you get?

Adam

sweet!!! i may be guilty of shining a laser on a building a time or two without a permit
    -Josh

hey adam-

i was in the parking lot across the way. i had 4 parking spaces on the front, side and rear of where i was set up blocked off with caution tape. by the time the beams cleared that area they were about 25-30 feet off of ground level already.

i ran the cycle of images, text and some beam effects for aobut 2 hours. (off and on) it wasnt continuous. each image, and effect has to stay on for at least 15 seconds and has to not flash or strobe around the 10-15 hz frequency range. (seizure risks).

i DId send out an FAA Laser notice. NOT a separate variance only becasue i wasnt projecting into open air space. the notice is just to let authorites aware of outdoor laser activities. and obviously my variance and laser light show notifications were all sent in.

yes, i always have a spotter with me at outdoor venues. we had some helicopters come by a few times and obviously i immediatley terminated, but they were NO WHERES near any of my projections. just a precaution and courtesy.

and yes, location was orgasmic! i plan on going back there for Advertising purposes. the hotel LOVED it!!!

-Marc

nice!!

can you snap a picture of the green beast?
    -Josh

Cool

Hi Marc;

Cool. Was this a paid advert for the hotel, or were you just doing it to promote your show?

Didn't know about the strobe limit. How'd you find out about that? (Makes sense though - wouldn't want to cause a siezure!)

You're going to bring that baby to SELEM, right? (Damn - that will be cool!)

Adam

adam-

it was actually advertising for a nightclub and its DJ that was sponsoring the event. the club was right across the street from the hotel where i projected. i just called the hotel and told them that i would be using their wall as a "billboard." again, just as a courtesy.

The seizure limit i actually looked into because i did a show about a year ago at an elementary school and they asked me about it. it was a VERY good point and i researched it. it is alot more common than you would think. ESPECIALLY with lasers and strobe lights becasue the light is SOOO intense and "sensory overloading."

about a month after that, i actually had a seizure from my laser! WELL, lets re-phrase that, the laser HELPED to TRIGGER the seizure. (if you could believe that!!) seriously though. Scarey shit! if you ever drive and notice yourself staring at police lights or something like that...as if mesmerized, thats enough to trigger them! and lasers also. the light is so intense it overwhelms the brain. i was just stupid and was trying to program a show in my VERY small apartment i was living in at the time. and with 3 WATTS of lasers shooting around. DERRRR.... i had a low "seizure threshold" at that point also though. i was on Anti-depressant medicine which DRASTICALLY lowers a persons seizure threshold. meaning it is A LOT easier for you to have one! (dont worry, i wasnt crazy or anything. lol. just lots of family problems!)

back to the hotel-

i guess a couple of their "Big Wigs" came out and looked and loved it. it was a paying job for me, however the money that i made from it, i donated back to American Cancer Society and Dana Farber. (those causes hit close to home for me, my brother has 2 brain tumors and my step mother has breast cancer.) so, cancer causes mean a lot to me and i do as much as i can. i obviously kept a little of the money to pay for the worker i had with me and expenses. but 90% was donated back.

Yes, i will be bringing this to SELEM. HOWEVER----the scanner mirrors are DISGUSTINGLY filthy and degraded. iam losing probably a GOOD 30-40% of laser power off of the degraded mirrors. i need new ones, but cambridge cant repair them until at least a month they said. can you believe it?? so i am waiting to send them back until after SELEM.

sk8nmidget-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YAG 008.jpg  

YAG 013.jpg  

YAG 015.jpg  

YAG 016.jpg  

YAG 020.jpg  

YAG 026.jpg  

Last edited by gottaluvlasers; 08-05-2008 at 14:11.