Thread: 'RANDY WAS HERE' -Who's Randy?

http://techrepublic.com.com/2346-10878_11-6199.html
    couple here scroll down to the title 'who made these'
    http://blogs.spectrum.ieee.org/tech_talk/2007/09/
    and quite a few here
    http://thats-strange.blogspot.com/20...t-gallery.html

that was just a quickie google for images of silicon chip artwork

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    .. Nothing like old analogue synths with wooden side panels
    I have an old Roland SH2000 analogue synth (with wooden side panels) These are enjoying something of a revival now and are used on many dance tracks.

It's one of those things that I can't decide whether I ought to sell it or not.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

never sell that Jem....unless its to me
    I cant play a musical instrument to save my life but I do love analogue synths - my favortie of all time being the Korg MS20.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

I guess it could find its way into the car on Sunday if there's room. You can all have a play with it if you want (assuming there's something to plug it in to). To be honest it's stuck in the loft in a flight case and hasn't seen the light of day for probably 6 months.

Or should we just stick to lasers ???

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Jem
    I would love to see it and love to have a play but I think we will have enough to do without getting into me embarassing myself with how little I can play - lets stick to lasers

Rob

Good Call... Lasers it is

cool finds it almost makes me wanna go home and tear apart every electronic device i own and see if i can find anything...

but that may be a bad idea
    -Josh

i just saw a story on discovery channel's science channel about this...

alot of system designers, engineers, and even board houses will "Tag" circuit boards and electrical components with their own artwork or symbol. almost like a graffitti tag. like your, "randy was here," it is recognizeable to people in the electronics field to ID chips, boards, components and so on.

Some of the artwork gets VERY VERY detailed and intricate. its pretty amazing.

-Marc

If any of you still have good old vinyl records, have a look at them.

In the runout in the centre of the record you will probably find an inscription. Some are just serial numbers, but most of my collection have some very interesting inscriptions...

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    If any of you still have good old vinyl records, have a look at them.

In the runout in the centre of the record you will probably find an inscription. Some are just serial numbers, but most of my collection have some very interesting inscriptions...

...and if you play them backwards, they contain hidden messages from the underworld...

the other Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....