Thread: Multimeter ocilloscopes - any good??

Default Multimeter ocilloscopes - any good??

Has anyone had any experience with these small MM/scope type meters?

Are they any good at all?

Like this one-

http://tinyurl.com/59exl9
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Compared to real scopes it's a bit of a toy but it would be handy to have. I have a very nice but huge tektronix that does a lot but for what I use it for I could get away with the hand held thing. Depends on your needs.

The only thing that worries me is that it is a Chinese made thing. I have gotten some crappy electronics from China and don't generally trust them for quality.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Compared to real scopes it's a bit of a toy but it would be handy to have. I have a very nice but huge tektronix that does a lot but for what I use it for I could get away with the hand held thing. Depends on your needs.

The only thing that worries me is that it is a Chinese made thing. I have gotten some crappy electronics from China and don't generally trust them for quality.
    I have a velleman handheld POS. avoid velleman it claims to make 10 bit audio measurements from 8 bit signals on its A/D converter!

how much bandwidth do you need? if your only looking at laser control signals, the one from parallax (the basic stamp people) that hooks to your laptop may meet your needs @ 200 ksamples per second and its software doesnt suck. Almost all of them are 8 bit and that sucks compared to any CRT, even a slimy old 3 mhz B&K is more worthy. If your really gonna do it, get a Fluke or one from Bitscope @ 10 bits.

Steve Roberts