Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A couple of pics.

nice!! and glad to hear your donating to help a cause for cancer!

and thanks for the pictures!
    -Josh

Very nice unit you got there!!!
    About your family problems I really hope that they get solved or at least better...and may this forum be a source of relax and happiness to you!

Smile

Damn fine pics, Marc. Maybe we can get MixedGas to have a look at those mirrors. He may be able to clean them up.

Sorry to hear about your bout w/ depression. I know the road well. 'nuff said.

As for the seizure activity, yeah, I've seen it first hand. A long time ago I was president of the Charleston Area Amiga User's Group, and one of our members used to set up his Amiga at the flea market on the weekends. One time he was playing a famous demo on his machine for the crowd. (It was the "Hypnautic Hammer" demo, and yeah it was spelled incorrectly on purpose...) Don't follow the link if you think you'll seize, because the link plays the whole thing! Anyway, there was a little girl standing right in front of the monitor - maybe 2 feet away - and after about 20 seconds she just sort of gorked out for a second and then collapsed to the floor!

We all nearly shit ourselves! Turns out the parents had no idea she was prone to seizures. She was fine though - didn't hurt herself on the way down and only stayed out for about 45 seconds or so. Scared the crap out of us (and the parents!) though. We decided then and there to never play that demo again. (Pity too, because it was a cool demo...)

Love the idea of lasers for charity too! Damn fine work you're doing there, pal...

Adam

I miss demos... Ahh, BBS memories.

When I was 8 my grandfather gave me his old Amiga500...I had great fun with it, cause I also got 250 game floppies from my cousin! Good Old Days........

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    (It was the "Hypnautic Hammer"
    Awesome demo! Love the vid love the music - sad to say the Amiga escaped me I know many people who speak so fondly of them days.....

Great pix BTW Marc - love the hotel billbaord - cool!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Yeah, cool demo! I ran it fullscreen in dark room and had a feeling of watching old black&white TV (though I looked at LCD). Thanks for nostalgia moments, Adam!

Cool

You have to remember that back in those days, most PC's had CGA graphics (4 colors) or at best EGA graphics (16 colors). Contrast that with the Amiga's 4096 colors (HAM mode), 4 channel stereo sound, and true multi-tasking. Damn, those were the days.

Here are a few other cool demos for you old Amiga fans:

Dane demo, from Kefrens
    State of the Art, from SpaceBalls (classic)
    Newtek demo (sound is slightly out of sync because it's playing on a PAL machine vs NTSC)
    9 Fingers demo (awesome full-motion video - unheard of at that time!)
    Copper Masters, by Angels

Get a copy of Deliplayer and you can play back all those cool Amiga mods. Or better yet, if you want to be able to play back *and* edit them, then download Milkytracker. (Both are free, but you'll have to search around for a mirror for Deliplayer as the main site is off-line.)

Adam

After I was introduced to some North East Ohio laser geeks, including rMud, I got invited to come NeoLase's house to an Amiga users group meeting! The whole bunch of them have been getting together all these years. The neatest thing was, that it was held in the house where I grew up in Medina, Ohio! I had not been there for about 18 years. It was also really neat to see that Amiga OS is still alive. A woman there had just bought a very expensive machine that was custom made and set up to run Linux, running an emulator that ran Amiga OS!

I wandered across the back yards to the house my friend grew up in and his mom and dad were there! It was so weird. Time Warp!

James.

It's always nice to remember old years in front of AmigaOS.
    I also remember having a fantastic graphic demo on Amiga! Maybe I should try to capture it with WinUAE, which-of course - I keep on my computer!