Thread: LD2000/Showtime "?"

Question LD2000/Showtime "?"

Is there ANY way to use the WinAmp AVS plugin in a Showtime show? I have a half dozen thoughts that I can start but not finish on this subject...

If I could just record it playing and save the frames...
    If I could just load the preset as a frame and drag it on the timeline...

It is all down to "Is it possible"... and how?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Now THAT would be cool - I'd be interested in finding out myself!

(I just joined the LD2000 "club" myself, so I'm anxious to find out all the tips & tricks I can!!)
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Cool

If you run the winamp plugin, then pause it and load LD-2000, you'll see some of the frames from the visualizer are still in memory. (Usually at the end of the frame bank - up around frame # 16,000) There may be a better way to do this, but this is a possible work-around.

Adam

Lightbulb

I am looking for about 30 to 45 seconds of an oscilliscope. I am not sure it stores more than one frame that particullar preset.

Exclamation

I stand corrected by myself, you can capture multiple "scope" frames in LD from the AVS plugin. Thanks Adam!

Thumbs down

... this isn't working how I had hoped or though in the last post.
    You can't just turn on the scope, open LD, and have it fill frames. You have to maulally do it, and that won't work... I need all 24+ frmes per second, I can only get one per second this way.

I don't know exactly what you're talking about, but I have an ADAT tape of a show I did years ago with a QM32. I have been able to transfer that ADAT information to my PC hard drive in the form of a set of waves and reverse engineer that back into 2D color vector art. It's not perfect yet. But it's there. Perhaps you could record the output of the QM2000 in a similar way using a sound card that can capture 6 or 8 channels of audio input.

James.

Smile

Aaron, have you contacted Bill Benner?

If not, be sure to ask him about this at SELEM. I'll bet he's got an answer.

James' idea of recording the signal would work, but then you need some way to convert it back to an ILDA frame file. Don't know how you're going to be able to do that... (Laserboy only converts from ILDA to .wav, right? Not the other way around?)

Adam

pangolin has LC-ADAT which will take a recorded show from ADAT and convert them back to ILDA frames...

we have all our shows on an Alesis HD-24 at the miami planetarium, so i just took out the HD and mounted it using some software i found online and copied the WAV files to my computer, used LC-ADAT and called it a day

a bit of an overcomplicated solution tho... i wish there was a way to "project to file" in the winamp AVS *cough cough*

Cool

Send an e-mail to Justin Frankel... He's the guy that wrote Winamp, and he also wrote the Laser Visualizer plug-in. Wired Magazine did an interview with him and he sounds like a pretty cool guy. From what I understand he made enough money off Winamp and Gnutella that these days he just chills out and plays with his toys. Maybe he'd be interested in modifying the plug-in?

(Damn, wonder if we could get him to come to SELEM some year? That would be cool...)

Adam