Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fogscreen

They used lasers for the tracking system, not suprisingly :P

The secret for the laminar flow is in the honeycomb design. It looks like they are just using a few computer fans, and the honeycomb design makes it all laminar. You can do the same thing with straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    They used lasers for the tracking system, not suprisingly :P

The secret for the laminar flow is in the honeycomb design. It looks like they are just using a few computer fans, and the honeycomb design makes it all laminar. You can do the same thing with straws.
    I want to make a speaker assembly with a time lens in front of it that is a varying length set of straws, to correct the distance from a 3D cone surface to the throught of a horn ~ in a line source array!

Been in my head for a few years now!

James.

I have seen it. They use it on the Pirates of the Carribean ride at Disneyworld and the little boat goes right through it. I didn't think it was all that impressive, though.

The become impressive when you put impressive graphics on them

Like the interactivity idea, makes it alot more interesting! I can see how they would work awesome on a laser show IF it was big enough, the graphics would be floating in mid air, + the beams would continue going!

Default Fogscreen Rentals

check out http://ukfogscreen.com for more pictures and videos.. Also offer Fogscreen rentals.
    Last edited by Fogscreen; 10-10-2008 at 07:48.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Still no prices though and you know what they say.. "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it".

Would be nice if you could demo one at the forthcoming UKLEM though (in December in Surfleet).

Default Fogscreen

UK Fogscreen Rental Prices...2m Fogscreen

1 day = £1800 + vat
    weekend = £2500 + vat

im thinking a fogger puts out "presureized" fog right.. why could you not take that and a bunch of supplies from a hardware store (im thinking tubing and connectors) and then rig the fog machine to put out a more constant/low flow (instead of heavy spurts)
    badabing...

making the fog is straight forward, producing a consistent wall of fog to project onto is the hard part... the chinese have had a couple of attempts at reproducing them but they would still cost £££'s and this would be for an untested copy..