Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fogscreen

Default Fogscreen

How cool is this? http://www.fogscreen.com/

There is a demo video of it on the download page..

I bet it costs an arm and a leg, but looks a superb bit of kit....

Cheers
    Mark

WOW! that would be a BLAST!!!

and quite cool!
    -Josh

Awesome! That demo video looks almost like Princess Leia! I want one! (I mean screen, not princess ... though ... just never mind)

Whish I had enough money to buy that thing...it would be a very nice new entry for my next party!!!

anyone know a price?
    -Josh

$40.000,00

I am sure someone could make this at home. I have seen the same piezo diffusers at the shops in town....I would bet that a Chinese manu could supply one with enough of those to make it work. I will pick one up this week and take it down for experiments...
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

You can make them at home easily, its just hard getting a suitable enclosure, + getting the fog to stay straight. I have a ultrasonic fogger here now lol

Cool

Yeah, I've got a couple of those ultrasonic foggers myself. (Note: they don't work with fog juice - I tried!) You can get them on E-bay for around $15 each. They don't put out a lot of fog, but if you had say, 20 of them in a line, you probably could get enough fog to make a curtain. Mount them in a trough of water below a metal plate that would be both the threshold for the "fog wall" and also serve as the splash guard to stop the water jet from the fogger from splashing up all over everything.

The really tricky part is going to be the laminar flow air handlers that you need on either side of the fog trench to trap the fog in a thin sheet... Those things aren't cheap! Not sure that a laminar flow air sheet is all that easy to re-create using off-the-shelf components either...

Adam

I saw this on the TV. I think it was on Beyond Tomorrow or something. What impressed me was the software that went with it to detect motion and turn that into a visual effect in real time. Very cool stuff.

James.