Thread: i got blue, or atleast violet

Default i got blue, or atleast violet

Hello ppl.

Today i fired up the diode ( 405nm http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180272599215 )

Toghether with DrLavas great driver board (analouge modulation)

Its a really nice beam. although i dont have a proper optics for it (really bad and old 5mw green laserpointer lens)

The beam is barelly visable without any smoke in office-daylight but with a litle smoke its visable and with the proper optics and alignement and a dark venue i think it will work out fine.

Here are some pics.

Pic1: I made the dot alitle bigger about 1cm around.
    Pic2: Same dot on the paper but i took a closer look and discovered this. ?? is those rings from inside the diode or is it the optic?
    pic3: not so much smoke.
    Pic4: more smoke and more directly in to beam so the camera shutter closed faster.

Sry for the poor quality but its an "Mobile phone" :P

Take care.

/Rickard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00530.JPG  

DSC00529.JPG  

DSC00532.JPG  

DSC00533.JPG  

nice how much power is getting to the diode?
    -Josh

Thnx.

the input voltage im not so sure about, from the driver board to the dioe i mean.

but to the driver board i feed it with 5.53Volt

And the diode is feeded with 90mA

Tomorrow im going to test the Output power of the light. but i will probably not get a correct as the optic is really crappy.

the power feeding the diode is what i was curious about! also you may be able to get a better beam if you can focus it some more.
    -Josh

Back the current down a little and see what happens to those rings
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 08-07-2008 at 14:19.

niceful pictures, Richard.
    maybe you need a better lense for your 405nm lasers.
    as you know, your green lasers lense is coating AR only at 532nm, but not 405nm, so you can see the interference stripe clearly, if you using AR 405nm coating lense, sure ,you will got more niceful beam, .
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

i think the mode is TEM30?Does it jump modes when the current is decreased?
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 08-07-2008 at 18:19.

not the mode problems, here we also had 405nm lasers, we not take it as closely as Rickard take, but really the beam is not interference as Rickard's pictures. at least, my eye can't see the interference stripe, maybe later I had chance take it more closely and see what happen.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SSL20743.JPG  

SSL20739.JPG  

Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    not the mode problems, here we also had 405nm lasers, we not take it as closely as Rickard take, but really the beam is not interference as Rickard's pictures. at least, my eye can't see the interference stripe, maybe later I had chance take it more closely and see what happen.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

yes,that would be interesting

Burned it thru the roof,

dont really know what happend but i turned it on and i had it about 70mA 5.7Volt in and the driver board gives out the excact same.

Anyway just turned it on for a sec. just to see it working, and it did. Turned it off and then went away for 2minutes to get my laserpowermeter and a lens.

Got back and then turned it on and it lase for about 5sec then black. i looked at the electricity power meter and it had over 1000mA to it. shut it directly off.

But didnt get it to lase any moore. yea one time after alot of trying between 6-6.7Volts, but it was really lowlight.

Dont know what really hapen and how it all of a sudden can give over 1000mA.

DrLava if you read this i have to ask or if anybody else have DrLavas driver board. If the mA is supposed to climb and declimb, seems very unstable if thats the case. i can understand when it gets hot or something but.? climbing like this dosnt seem right? or..=?=?

There is one thing on the driver called "speed pot" dont really know what this does but it says in the docu that it should be turned to 0 (counterclockwise) that never worked i had to turn it atleast to 10 or 20 to get a reading in the mA.

mayby thats what i did wrong. Me and these fine electronics arent the best of couple :P

I noticed that sometimes when for example i had 65mA and touched the speed pot it directly declimed or climbed, in mA somtimes up over 90-100mA
    when i say touch i mean just contact with a smal screwdriver, no turning or nothing.

owell as i said i think i burned it. and sometimes the hard way is the ... .... .... or something.. grrr.

lucky these things dont cost a fortune. and mayby thats why i actualy get my self into this.. hehe.. to curios and to dumb to stay away,

DONT TOUCH! means something totally different in my eyes.. always has.. hehe. :P

bridge.. check your email.
    DrLava you 2 :P

(as i said in last post i have 3moore of these diodes coming in next week i think.)