Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forget it! Nerds will never be cool!

The there's Britain. You can get so drunk you can't stand up, you can puke in the street, shout abuse, fight do anything, provided you're nice once the police turn up, in which case they just tell you to go home. You have to be unable to walk before they'll take you in (or abusive to them). The they wonder why we have a problem.

Every weekend is like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpVmk...eature=related

You'll probably need to sign into youtube to see it as its age restricted.

I'm not violent, ever. I'm just snotty and sarchastic. And I wouldn't last a second in that mess.

There must be a happy medium somewhere.

The USA has the highest national rates of incarceration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration

I don't think this is the best answer.

People call the police just to harass other people and settle scores. That's really dumb! There are certain sectors of our society that "use" the police on a daily basis to bring some authority to whatever they think they can't deal with. Again, dumb. I think the show COPS has possibly made things worse in that regard.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 08-10-2008 at 11:36.

Generally, the only people who get bothered by the cops are the ones making asses of themselves.

Could have been worse ...
    you could have been driveing a car and got banned from driveing
    2 WATT DPSS RGB

No. I would not have been driving a car. It's just that simple.

carmangary, although your statement is not entirely true, it wouldn't be the first time I've made an ass of myself. Just having a buzz and acting stupid. Not a high crime.

The reason I got so upset about it is because nothing like that has ever happened to me.

I've seen it lots of times. Sometimes it's justified. Sometimes it is not.

Thanks for being the one who implied that I'm an ass. Though, I think everyone else could have figure that out on their own.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 08-11-2008 at 21:37.

I just saw a rare interview of our president as part of the Olympic coverage.

When asked about civil rights violations in China and in the regions that China supports how does he frame his statements, given the civil rights problems that we have in our own country, he said...

We don't have problems. We are a world leader in civil and human rights and we stand as an example to the rest of the world.

He also made it perfectly clear that he is openly and actively engaging in conversations with the leader of China and leaders of other regions of the world to convince those governments to register and recognize the development of churches and organized religion.

This isn't Earnest Angley we're talking about here. It is the President of The United States of America.

The Framers of our Constitution would be in tears.

James.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

The United States of America... Is that the country with that president with his war on terror? That president who shouts Freedom but meanwhile terrorises his people by learn them to fear the moslimterrorists?
    Tough... great lasers they have

You should have gone Jerry Springer on them: You don't know me! Git yer hands off me! You don't know me!

Any of you nerds know anything about lasers ?......
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I'm sorry for the demeanor of this thread. I know it's a bummer. I just get so tired of rich, intelligent people manipulating our social structure, by using the people of less education and economic means to work against each other, to keep them there.

And then to see that smiling face tell us all that we don't have any civil rights problems in our country.... Words can not describe what that does to my guts.

If you are white, Christian, straight, rich, went to the right schools, belong to the right clubs, and have no sympathy for anyone else, wecome to the Land of the Free!

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 08-11-2008 at 14:08.