Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argon Krypton Spectra physics

Default Argon Krypton Spectra physics

Anyone have any experiance with these lasers?

I have gotten an offer for 3 Spectra Physics 2020 heads (mdlnr:2025-60)
    And 2 power suplys. (i will get the 3th suply for free from an swedish spectra physics dealer)

I have worked with an SP 168 Argon. before, but these are Argon Krypton.

They have no modulation input from what i know and heard, so im just wondering how to get out a particular color.? (filter/optics)?

Ion lasers do not have modulation so you run them at a contsnt desired power level and then use a PCAOM infront of them to select the colours. You need a polarised beam for a PCAOM to work effeciently but those SPs will be polarised. The PCAOM is the best modulation technique, though you loose some laser power they are very linear and extremely fast at modulation in both analogue and TTL modes.

Keep us informed - they will be cool lasers

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

thank you. ah.. i see..

found a good information here: http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...Archives6.html

Although i couldnt find any updated price of these.. who is the manufacture or reseller of the PCAOM?

thnx.

/Rick

There are a few makes most well known one is NEOS. They do appear on the SH market from time to time with greatly variable pricing I have seen them from £300 - 1500.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

If you get these I must see them.

I just saw some very nice multiline argons down in Germany on Nature One. I need more.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    If you get these I must see them.

I just saw some very nice multiline argons down in Germany on Nature One. I need more.
    Sure thing. ill let you know when they arrive.

I cant really afford these monsters but i get em all at such a nice price i have to go for it. Been thinking about it tonight after i got the confirmation that the deal is set, now i only have to bring out the cash. ough

Also one thing that i was thinking is that i loose the fun part of mixing and building an RGB laser with different heads. thats a litle sad. but on the other hand i can mix these if i want to. And the power THE POWER, is what probably most ppl say the thing that counts. 3x15watt but Spectra physics reseller tells me they cant be 15. i have no clue. the seller say it is 15.

I heard this particular model 2025-60 is custom modified by another dougther company to SP. But they will atleast put out 8Watts each and thats way high i think anyway.

but sure thing, as soon as i finsh the deal i will post some more info here. and ofc pics. The shipment will take 20days by boat. so now i have to go on a cash-hunt.

Man I wish I could just go down the road and grab up a gas laser like this! In AU it would be very hard getting a large gas laser, since shipping would probably end up more than the laser!

I agree they wont do 15W certainly not whitelight and the power meter on the front of them only goes to 10W as far as I know. I got the impression these were local to you but now you talk of shipping - have you seen them have you seen them running? I would be very careful as they could be expensive bricks if they dont work or are at end of life - maybe a broken tube . Especially if you say you cant really afford them - can you then afford for them not to work. With something like this I would insist to see them working and would collect in person even if it meant hiring a vehicle or making several trips. If the seller does not know how much power they are or cant power them up for you in preson then I would doubt their credibility.

However if all of this is wrong and you do buy them & they work fine, yes the power will be mega but not only that you will see colour range and depth like NO dpss/solid state can make. A gas whitelight is a thing of amazing beauty see some pix of my sp168 whitelight here - http://www.stanwax.fotopic.net/c662316.html

I hope it all works out for you

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I agree they wont do 15W certainly not whitelight and the power meter on the front of them only goes to 10W as far as I know. I got the impression these were local to you but now you talk of shipping - have you seen them have you seen them running? I would be very careful as they could be expensive bricks if they dont work or are at end of life - maybe a broken tube . Especially if you say you cant really afford them - can you then afford for them not to work. With something like this I would insist to see them working and would collect in person even if it meant hiring a vehicle or making several trips. If the seller does not know how much power they are or cant power them up for you in preson then I would doubt their credibility.

However if all of this is wrong and you do buy them & they work fine, yes the power will be mega but not only that you will see colour range and depth like NO dpss/solid state can make. A gas whitelight is a thing of amazing beauty see some pix of my sp168 whitelight here - http://www.stanwax.fotopic.net/c662316.html

I hope it all works out for you

Rob
    Hi
    yep i have thought about this also. but i get 10 days of testing them out and if they dont work i can send them back and get full refund, minus the shipping ofc. but the shipping is actually not that expensive with boat cargo ships.

Ive seen some terrible treated old SP beasts on ebay, i know one dude who is trying to sell his 2010 for 2500USD and in the picture it is laying under a tree outside on the dirt/sand ground. hehe..

These lasers however have been stated in a labratory all there life and from the pictures they dont have a single scratch on them, (i will ask the seller if i can post some of his pics here).

The only thing im litle concerned about as you mentioned is there lifetime. One of them is from -95 the other -89 and the newest from -2000. so hopfully they have some light left in them.

Wow this picture is amazing.
    http://www.stanwax.fotopic.net/p19170581.html

Relly nice contrast on the lines between the colors. amazing.

and i see you have a PCAOM also will probably have some questions for you later. if this goes well.

you talked about SH market. what is that?

Thnx.

/Rickard

SH = Second Hand