Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried NRG Projectors?

Thanks for your posts, guys

Given the nature of the venue I would likely project overhead but avoid audience scanning. I would intend to setup the laser to emit from the back of the venue onto "screens" on the front of the dance floor. These are well over the audience so eye exposure is unlikely. I am aware of (and nervous about) safety issues.

Our lighting is DMX controlled so I could blackout whilst the laser is on - this would presumably enhance the perceived brightness of the effect.

Yag - thanks for your feedback on the 190mw NRG. This is quite encouraging.

Default NRG laser

Hi, attention! i have a green laser 100mw and the frames were not full with the Ihow software! I think there is a bisarre problem with the driver board! and Gary is also a guy bisarre! sometimes, it's been a long time to respond by email!
    I have changed everything except the green laser and I built one myself ! I find its prices too expensive!

I have a 450RGY from Gary, it does everything it says on the tin. It has 12k scanners but does remarkably well projecting DJ names on to a scrim, is at least as powerfull as it's supposed to be, has all of the required safety features, including scan fail protection, and it cost about as much as a set of mid range scanners.

Not perfect, but running a fairly huge angle with not much flicker, certainly value for money.

Last edited by Doc; 04-21-2009 at 08:14. Reason: Added photo
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

BTW the DJ at this time was Danny Walsh, he's sat perpendicular to the scrim so couldn't see that I was using his least favourite nickname!
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.