Thread: Spec's been busy again!

Default Spec's been busy again!

PL Event page is working again. Chat room links to the laserchat.org thingy!

http://www.photonlexicon.com/event.html

Lightbulb

Great! I just hope we have the bandwidth to use it. I don't think I have EvDO coverage at the Venue.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

nice vids in the chat!
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Great! I just hope we have the bandwidth to use it. I don't think I have EvDO coverage at the Venue.
    Hmm, well if you don't get the EvDO coverage there, I guess mine wont work either. Hopefully they have something decent we can use...

Smile

I need to call Reggie and ask about that. Someone (James maybe? I forget) was going to bring a roll of Cat 5 cable to SELEM. (I've got a crimper and connectors) I'm hoping I can pull a feed directly from their router all the way into the auditorium. The WiFi doesn't make it all the way to the stage (too many cinderblock walls), and I'd really like to be able to mount a webcam in the front row of the auditorium to capture all the action.

Adam

Lightbulb

I have part of a roll of old CAT 5. I'll move it into direct eye sight so I can remember to bring it along.

Cool

I posted in the SELEM hardware thread too, but FYI: there is a router in Reggie's office (about 200 ft from the lobby) that we can hook into. I figure we'll run one cable into the lobby, then put the switch there and run another drop from the switch into the auditorium. (Gotta watch the 100 meter limit with fast ethernet...) We should be OK on the cable runs this way, and it should give us plenty of bandwidth for the webcam.

Adam