Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UK meet a big disapointment

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Ahhhh... Good for you, Jeremy!

That show is almost impossible to describe. I can't say enough good things about it. It's truely amazing.

Oh man... You need to watch that show through a scrim! Place the projector on the far side of the room, put a scrim between you and the projector, and then stand on the other side of the scrim and watch the show as it fires through the scrim towards you. (Of couse you still need fog and a dark room.) The effect is incredible! It works best if the scrim is closer to you than to the projector.

Adam
    Thanks for the tip, i'll give that a try at the first opportunity

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    load up the "Gradient-Moby" beam show
    That is a truly mind-blowing show on an RGB rig, for sure.

Karl is always within reach of tisses anyway, so no worries

I should explain that we have a drink over here called Tango, the advertising catchphrase was "You know when you've been Tango'd"
    Banned from TV as kids started doing it to each other when seen drinking the stuff -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svt2mqPIzew

But back on topic... you will not be disappointed Karl

hahah thats a funny comercial!

anyone have a video of the gradient moby show?
    -Josh

Cool

Go to my ustream.tv page... It's the first recorded clip. (It should auto-play when you load the page.)

Adam

you guys are KILLIN ME!!!!

if i end up spending $2,000 on pangolin right now im REALLY gonna have to come live with one of you, cuz my girl will KICK MY ARSE!!!! so, clear a spare room out!!! LOL...

why do we do this to ourselves??

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Pah $2000 on a poxy pango - Imagine what your other half will say when you buy a 447nm 1w diode or a complete Kvant 3W projector that we all saw on Sunday and now all want - I thinkl Karl got off lightly just getting theQM2000

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

When I get the money, the first thing I will buy will be LD2000 - I SWEAR!!!

@gottaluvlasers:
    About your girl, let's put it this way: A friend of mine, to simplify his life, has created an objective, easy and immediate way of judging what is right or wrong, which gives himself a criterion to take decisions for his life. He says his life is based on three things in order of importance:
    1) Food
    2) Technology
    3) Girls
    No compromises: Food comes first, then technology [especially everything related to fun...in our case, Lasers] and only after all these, Girls. So women must surrender to the power of "2 and 1"!
    Of course this method is questionable, though it has worked quite well so far!!!
    So, if you need a place to stay, I'll share with you my flat at university...ah, don't forget to take your lasers with you!!!
    Last edited by h2so4; 08-12-2008 at 14:23.

Ha,welcome to the Pangolin Group.
    http://www.viasho.com
    wzc@viasho.com
    Wechat & Whatsapp: +8613911142669

thanks Frank and all

just a quick update ....

on tuesday i installed the PCI card into the Dell Docking station and connected the laptop .... new harware was detected ( data aquisition signaling card or something ) BUT .... i have about 3 days of "Proper work" to do ( that i get paid for ) so i dare not install the drivers or software yet as this will certainly side track me for a long period = no money

so im planning to do the install at the weekend ... plus jem has given me a few tips on what to install first etc so i will wait till i have the free time

i thinki will get it all up and running before i think about buying livepro etc

all the best .... Karl

Karl...

Has the plain brown paper package arrived yet ?

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001