Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UK meet a big disapointment

which one ?

I always get lots of plain brown paper packages

well thats until my subsciption to Gimp Mask monthly runs out

oh .... you mean the one you sent

no not yet but sometimes we dont get post until 1pm

and thats gonna be a bigger incentive to get this software loaded .. must get my paid work done quicker

all the best ... Karl

Welcome to the Pango club Karl,

So you have kndly treated that fine RGB of yours to a whole bunch of new effects and colours.

Hope you got a lot of time on your hands, your'e gonna need it to watch all those lovely bundled shows... I lost a whole week

Enjoy it and good luck explaining the sudden huge grin to the wife

Mark

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

Don't do it Karl.
    Jem was fibbing and it was all done with a 10 grand special card that he sneaked into your system.

Your best bet would be to flog your RGB to me and avoid the pain of disappointment.
    I have a hundred quid and 5 magic beans.
    Whaddya say to a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    which one ?

I always get lots of plain brown paper packages

well thats until my subsciption to Gimp Mask monthly runs out

oh .... you mean the one you sent

no not yet but sometimes we dont get post until 1pm

and thats gonna be a bigger incentive to get this software loaded .. must get my paid work done quicker

all the best ... Karl
    I spend to much time on the internet...

I thought to myself 'Gimp Mask monthly'? that sounds interesting I should get that.

Then realised you were probably talking about Gimp masks not GIMP as in GNU Image Manipulation Program. A freeware program that imo far suppases Photoshop. Dear oh dear

So you GIMP? What else do you GNU?

James.

I can assure you it wont be software masks that Karl is into, though you do were them and the rubber is quite soft....

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

its now 11:30am ... and just crawled out of bed .... yawn

did not get to bed untill 5:30am because at 11pm last night i decided to install the software and jems" brown paper package" arived yesterday afternoon ....

everything loaded a dream and so far runs fine ... i downloaded winamp and installed that first... like you said Jem

first thing i did was load showtime and the Moby Gradient track

now i must point out that i have been doing everything via the preview screen .... as if i had unpacked the projector and set it up i would be on a 24hr bender "fnar fnar" or even 48hrs or more ....

setting the projector up will have to wait untill the weekend

but I explored everything ... including the live pro demo

Bill if you do read this ( i have not seen him around here for a while )
    Can i say it was one of my favorite software istallation experiences and i dont get many of them ...
    ( my last nightmare was for my new LG Viewty phone which when halfway through installing the PC software a window pops up that says " setup has encountered an error, installation has not been completed" and thats it ... does not tell me why and even the updates do the same )

But all pangolin software installs quickly and smoothly no problems and ran from the first load .... the screens are well laid out and logical

and the shows ... well thats where i spent the next few hours watching the preview screen

my only quirk ive found so far is that on the frame lists etc ... the frame name under each graphic is blocky and unreadable now i think that it maybe due to the fonts not right for screen resolution on my hi res widescreen laptop...

does anyone know what the recomended screen resolution for LD2000 is ?

its a long wait until the weekend

all the best .... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post

Hi Karl

I run mine at 1024 x 768 on the laptop and 800 x 600 on the tablet PC.

Glad the package arrived o.k., go easy on how you use that stuff otherwise you may experience premature ejaculation - have some tissues ready

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

jem said
    have some tissues ready
    i did and now ive run out .....

all the best .... Karl

I think I run mine about 1280 x 1024. And if you have a dual monitor setup, thats even better! There is even a setting somewhere that when you get everything layed out the way you want it, it can be saved so whenever you open LD or ST, it will layout the same way, again, very nice for a dual monitor setup.

What I like to recommend to people who just get a QM2K, is to run the palette wizard first, only takes a few minutes, but then you will get brilliant colors! Also, typically for beam shows, I like to set some or all of the frames to use the high output palette, that way you get more brightness for certain or all of the frames in the show.