Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UK meet a big disapointment

Default UK meet a big disapointment

Yes you heard me right i was really disapointed

1, JEM you are a F**K**G ...... B****D

2, Just when i thought i was content and happy with the banthai beast and it had peaked its performance along comes jeremy (JEM) and says to me ..... "would you like to try my pangolin through your projector" with a smug look on his face ....

well me being quite happy with Mamba and knowing its a nifty bit of software ..... i say yes ....

so Jem connects his "arty farty" QM2000 to my projector

now this was where my disapointment starts ..... my projector suddenly stepped up a level .... and created new colours and smoothness that i had never seen before What i have been proud of using for the last few years ( mamba ) just did not do it for me .... it was the end of a relationship .....

Last night i was in bed at the hotel..... with my mamba interface on the pillow next to me ..... and told her ..... it over ..... me and you are finished

and that was it .....

12 hours later ...... i was in a new relationship .....

she sat with me in the car all the way back from Liecester ... never said a word ...... but i new that she was as sexy as hell and couldnt wait to get her home to give her a good seing to

heres a picture of her naked
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pango.jpg  

Last edited by Banthai; 08-11-2008 at 19:50.

Thumbs up

Congrats!!

I sympathize with your mental anguish - I gave in a couple of weeks ago and added the QM2000.net version to my roster!!

"Ain't cheap" - but it sure is cool!!!!

Randy
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

yes it was unbelievable

and seriously .... Thankyou Jeremy .... my jaw was on the floor

it opened my eyes .... just when i thought it couldnt get much better ( apart from thinking of stealing martins Kavant Projector whilst he was in the gents ) it suddenly stepped up a level ....

And thankyou Mark ( fluff ) whos arm i had to twist to get him to sell it to me ... thanks buddy

problem is .... now i have to get live pro ...

it like platform computer game .... just when you complete one level you have to start spending all over again when you start the next level

all the best ... Karl

talking of dissapointment why did everyone leave so early?!

it was a bloody good day though.

a new toy to play with hey karl
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Lightbulb

Welcome to the Club... I guess next UKLEM will be better for you. Maybe cheaper.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Just out of curiosity, what do you think is the difference between the Mamba and the QM2000 as far as color goes? Does the Mamba do 24 bit color or not?

Your Beast is analog RGB, Right?

James.

Resistance is useless...

You experienced yesterday exactly what I experienced when I first used the QM2000.Net, it really is quite amazing to say the least. What i'm still trying to get to the bottom of though is why the output isn't as bright when running the QM2k. Mark (Fluff) did try to explain it to me and I sort of understood it, but my brain was on another planet yesterday.

I'm sure you'll be delighted with your new partner Karl, and I wish you many years of happiness together .

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi James

i dont think i can put the difference in words .... or photos

its just mystical .... everything is so smoother ..... the colours are more pastel and blend like nothing i had seen before, the visual difference is vast ..... now just like audiophiles that say there is a vast difference between direct cut LPs and pressed LPs ( personaly i can not tell the difference ) it may be that as a lover of laser light ... i can see a vast difference ... but im guessing that most of the general public go ooooooohhhh laser and thats it

Now im not going to put mamba down ( yes my first post was done tongue in cheek ) its a great bit of software and its got good support and ol grumpy has done it wonders and im sure he will carry on and keep improving it ..... i would recommend it to anyone.

But yesterday ( thanks to Jem ) i was knocked off my feet and i seriously did not expect that there would be that much difference

I left the meet yesterday .... knowing that to see my laser look as good as it did that afternoon i had to make the move ....
    and i really like Mamba so much it was gonna take a lot to make me move

The beast is analogue ... and mamba is only 8 bit colour .....

but with LD2000 its not just the shades .... its the fluidity ( if thats a word ) the natural feeling .... the feathering ....

IVE SEEN THE LIGHT ...

Hail the lord god Bill Benner ....... Hal le Lu Ya

sorry james .... got carried away there ....

all the best .... Karl

No, that's cool! That's what I was asking.

It must have to do with the combination of 24 bit color and scan optimizations and critical timing issues.

I'm just currious because, as you know, I'm in that game too!

James.

ha! Thats great Karl! Welcome to the light! I've been saying it for 2 years on this forum, if you want the MOST out of your projector, get a QM2K!

It must have to do with the combination of 24 bit color and scan optimizations and critical timing issues.
    24bit color? I think it's 8bit color, and 6 channels of it! I don't know how Pangolin does it and I don't care to know how they do it, I'm just glad they CAN do it!!!