Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TEC project

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Does it makes sense to TEC cool a 200mW red laser diode to gain more power?

My 200 mW is allready cooled by a big alu base.
    Not Really, usually people tec things to keep power and frequency stable. Display doesn't really need that. It is nice but just adds cost. The 445s take so much more juice and you need to get rid of that heat. They start to drop at anything over 80f pretty fast.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

WOW!
    Took you nearly 2 years to reply Chad...you been in hibernation
    Last edited by jaycey; 06-11-2010 at 13:56. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    I thought it would be a nice touch if someone , or a group, here on the forum would be willing to work towards creating a simple, yet effective TEC control as a project. There are a couple of really nice diode drivers available from members.....hat's off to you! I have tested and like all of them . It seems a LM317 based regulator and a TIP120 could be set up as a thrifty TEC device with a 10K thermistor. Maybe an op-amp to switch it on and off? Many possible ways....just trying to get a nice project in the works that I know lots of people can use....even for other than laser applications......shudder the thought. Anyway what do you think? Any takers....cohorts on a device of the like? Willing to donate parts,time when I can, and funding help. Any takers? Maybe call it "The PL-Cooler"? Tired of the balky PID units that need to be fed 120VAC
    Since the tread is back from the dead... The new HeroiChiller is on the way in the open source thread here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11371

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycey View Post
    WOW!
    Took you nearly 2 years to reply Chad...you been in hibernation
    LOL I have no idea what happened there. Oh well. Guess I am just a little slow today.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.