Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the "Seven Magics Points" of Laser-Wave

Thumbs up the "Seven Magics Points" of Laser-Wave

Hi all.
    This is my beautiful experience with Laser-Wave and Bridge.
    I decided to write this short article because they absolutely deserve this, so I want to share with all of you my tought.

Well...
    It's my pleasure to introduce you: the "Seven Magic Points" of Laser-Wave.

"Point no. 1": the Business:
    Bridge is a perfect gentleman, a real and loyal businessman. He always answered to my questions about prices of LW products very quickly. I never waited more than 8-12 hours for his answers (there are 6 hours of local time difference between China and Italy). He always provided me a very detailed price list and technical data infos also, so I have been able to choose with precision all components I needed.

"Point no. 2": the payment:
    There are different ways for payment. I chosen Paypal. Nothing is quick and easy as a Paypal payment. Just less than one minute and money has been accredited to his PayPal account. This will cost you only a small surcharge about 4,7% of the total price.

"Point no. 3": the manifacture of products.
    This is a very nice and important point. Usually Laser-Wave ask about one or two weeks for the manifacture.
    I written to Bridge that he would have had all the time he needed for to make three good laser units. And so it has been... After ten days Bridge written me telling that red and green units were ready, but the blue one had a problem: it had a too much unstable absorption of current: from 1.9 to 2.45 Amperes. . (By the way... I ordered him: 250mW @ 635nm, 200mW @ 532nm and 200mW @473nm).
    Bridge written me this exact words: "I can't give you a laser unit not fully reliable, with an output power smaller than you asked me. So we are testing for you two blue units: the best one will be for you".
    Mates.... This means a thing only: Bridge is a very loyal person. Another seller, not so loyal as Bridge is, would have sent me the blue laser without telling me nothing about this problem and the output power of the laser would probably have been very different from that one I had asked him (and the duration of its life surely also...).
    Well... At the end of all he sent me the following units:
    red: next to 300mW @ 635nm
    green: more than 220 mW @532nm;
    blue: 250mW (maybe more) @ 473nm.
    And all this without any extra charge over the original price agreed!!!
    I also bought a 20Kpps scanner kit, from S***** Company. Bridge has gotten it to me at very cheap price.

"Point no. 4": the shipping.
    Only four days from deliver package from China to Italy by UPS curier. Any problem with Italian custom (they asked my personal fiscal code number only). Any extra tax charged.

"Point no. 5": package and safety of materials inside its.
    All components has been well safety packed using "bubble sheets" and foam tablets. Each laser units has been protected by anti-statics envelopes. Package has arrived in excellent conditions.

"Point no. 6": instructions for use and assemblage.
    Few sheets of instructions but extremely clear. No problem for to set analogue modulation of laser drivers.

"Point no. 7": the test.
    All units has started without any problem. The firing time is different between units. The lighting sequence is: red, green, blue. Drivers fans aren't too much noisy, laser heads fans also. After more than 20 minutes at full power (CW) laser units have had regular temperature (like ambient).Red unit spot is little bit fat (around 5 mm) and it is not circular but rectangular. Green is well made circular and Blue also (it is very thin!).
    All lasers "burns" if driven in CW mode. Specially the Blue one: at distance of 30 cm from the lens it can easily burn a black electrical tape.
    20Kpps scanner kit is good for beamshow, little bit less for graphics. Galvo's mirrors have very small dimensions, drivers units also. They few heats, practically nothing. In the end of all it is an "entry level" kit! Anyway it fully worth the price paid.

That's all Mates!
    What can I tell you more? I am not a professional laserist but I am fully satisfied of my purchase.
    I attached here some photos about the story of my RGB projector.

I want to finish this short report with an huge "Thank You" to Laser-Wave and to Bridge.
    Thank You one more time.

They surely are an excellent point of reference for all Laserist. I highly recommend them, without any doubt.

Laser's future is into their hands.

All the best.

Steve
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Thumbs up Well done!

NICE! That is a purdy box you have built there.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

nice!! very good setup!

rob from laser wave has been extremely helpful with me and has went out on his free time and measured parts for me so i could start my thoughts of design!

he has also gone out of his way to answer tons of simple questions and help me figure out whats best for me!
    -Josh

EXCELLENT JOB STEVE!!!!

Looks GREAT!

and yes, LaserWave, Bridge and Rob are EXCELLENT people to deal with. Main reasons why i chose to become dealers for them in the USA. they are a very honest and customer oriented company. in todays market place, that is VERY hard to find! and their reputation speaks VERY high for them!

what is the total output of your projector? looks pretty powerful. about 1W??

Bridge will be very happy to see this thread!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    EXCELLENT JOB STEVE!!!!

Looks GREAT!

and yes, LaserWave, Bridge and Rob are EXCELLENT people to deal with. Main reasons why i chose to become dealers for them in the USA. they are a very honest and customer oriented company. in todays market place, that is VERY hard to find! and their reputation speaks VERY high for them!

what is the total output of your projector? looks pretty powerful. about 1W??

Bridge will be very happy to see this thread!

-Marc
    Thanks Marc.
    I agree. Absolutely.
    Rob and Bridge are two wonderful persons. They are always available for whoever. Great men.

Total power of my RGB projector is:
    300 mw red
    220 mw green
    250 mw blue
    = around 770 mW, but this is the "gross" output power. I think the "clean" output power is just little bit more than 500 mW.
    White color slightly exceeds in the blue color component.... but I like this way.
    I know it is not a so high power but it's enough for me. If you tought that power was about 1W... this means that quality of LW products is really high!!!
    Take a look at photos I attach here: I toke picture while light in the tunnel of boxes-car of my building was on. You can see my new RGB baby and a couple of my RGY projectors (PRO 400 on left side and Revolution Series 800 RGY at right side, both coming from Laserworld-Germany). Laser rays are cleary visible with the the light turned on and with just little smoke.

(P.S. the bike seeable is my Suzuki V-Strom 650...)

Greets!
    Steve
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

beautiful colors! and i think all thats missing is a sexy video
    -Josh

Talking of happy customers Simon (p1t8ull) and Mark (insanity) gave me a demo at the UK meet last weekend. They have 4 green projectors each with a 1W rated laser in them. Two are laser-wave and two are Viasho. All are comfortably beyond 1W but the laserwave ones are visibly brighter by quite a margin when all four were displaying the same static frame. Obviously this pleases the boys no end but even more noticable was when they dimmed the lasers, same static frame just ramping down the brightness. The Viasho lasers went out one first then the other while the LW pair were dimming together in a more linear fashion and extinguished almost together.
    Needles to say Simon was raving about how pleased he is with the performance and I have passed the feedback to Bridge.
    Also at the meet Xntrix took delivery of a 50mW 473nm laser which I have measured peaking at nearly 100mW and is stable after warmup at a shade under the next power rating up of 80mW (the difference in price to the next level is quite a margin too).
    So it looks like there are more happy laser-wave customers out there!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

All very true Rob, very impressed with both the quality of the product and service from everyone at LaserWave.

The small driver on these LW's has allowed them to be housed into some compact enclosures and we could easily carry a complete dual 1watt setup on a plane as hand luggage... nice!

Wow nice! While I have never actually dealt with Laser-wave, bridge on this forum is a very nice guy, and by the looks of it the products are really well built!

We need an Australian dealer

There is something really special about the 12th picture from the top of this thread; the one where the three beams come together to form the white, corona-like over-exposed blast on the wall. That speaks to me! Very nice.

James.