Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: projector cabling help

Karl

You could sell Andy your cable as you probably won't need it now

All you need now is one Cat5 cable and you can control your projector AND run the safety interlock down the same cable

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

flash git!!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

unfortunately i still need the cable as unlike yourself i dont have ".net" yet so i have the qm2000 in a dell laptop docking station and still need an ilda cable

unlike the "flash gits" im gonna have to wait for that

all the best ..... Karl

Oh dear, my mistake. Sorry Karl, it just looks as though you'll have to order a .net box at the same time as LivePRO

Might as well get the wallet out again, as I said before... Resistance is useless

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I have two 25m ILDA cables bought from Laserworld (~40€ each) and they work without any noise aven near to high power cables (tried near a 1-phase cable, 16kW and 3-phase cable, 3x6kW - my last party was pretty "pumped" :-) )

As you know i have a very long one

quite a few people commented at the meet how big it was ...
    OMG! Priceless, just priceless!

Not mentioned in this thread yet is the USB to RJ45 extenders
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-HUB-Extend...6.c0.m14.l1318

Laptop USB to the above , (rg45) cat 5 for how many meter you need , rg45 back to USB - usb to FB3 - Fb3 db25 to projector , with this setup you need to keep the FB3 projector side : Clear as mud ? di i explain that properly ?

1) Wonder if the above type units really do BOOST the signal or if they are simply a convertor ? it states boosted to 50m doesnt seem a lot

2) Simon i have never seen those DB25 to RG45 convertors before - pretty cool ! have you tested them over distance ?

3) I have plyed with Db25 cable upto about 70m and no issues - whats the symptoms ? has anybody hit a limit yet ? would symptoms be not as bright projector with analogue an simply not turning on with TTL as the voltage gets lost over distance ?

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post

1) Wonder if the above type units really do BOOST the signal or if they are simply a convertor ? it states boosted to 50m doesnt seem a lot
    50m doesn't seem a lot, but usb is limited to around 2m so ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    i have never seen those DB25 to RG45 convertors before - pretty cool ! have you tested them over distance ?
    Used them with 40m of cable with no problem but I don't think distance would matter with these TBH, problem is the cable picking up interference and resistance created over a long run

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post

If you're running an RGB with a single ended controller, you can just about get away with one cable as they have 8 cores and you need a minimum of 7 -

X+
    Y+
    R
    G
    B
    Shutter
    Ground
    Surely that is not a balanced run and thus not stable over any distance if the X & Y positives are with reference to ground and not Y-/Y+ & X-/X+ ???

I use a very long CAT5 cable with RJ45 to USB connectons + internal boosters at either end to link between the Laptop and DAC. DAC located near the projector.

It seems to work OK
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!