Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Event?

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    whoops duh, i just saw it is in washington
    Well almost in Oregon, Kelso is on the Washington side, Longview the Oregon side of the river... One good thing about that location is that Amtrak has a station in Kelso (and you can drink on the train).

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 03-03-2009 at 15:01. Reason: Ooops Laserman was right... I got the towns mixed up! Okay I was right the first time, thanks Jonathan!
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

LongLEM??
    WCLEM? west coast
    PNWLEM? pacific northwest

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    LongLEM??
    WCLEM? west coast
    PNWLEM? pacific northwest
    As long as we don't call it Lemmiwinks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcR3ZFlMYNQ

-Adam

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Default How about May 23rd?

Any bites?

-Adam

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Any bites?

-Adam
    well I'm in for sure, wherever it is. I say Beginning of June... who's with me?

Pat is required to come so he can analyze my plethora of big spectra physics ion lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGus View Post
    well I'm in for sure, wherever it is. I say Beginning of June... who's with me?

Pat is required to come so he can analyze my plethora of big spectra physics ion lasers.
    Beginning of June is fine for me, if it delays too long I will have to goto NMLEM. I am moving later in the summer...

-Adam

Would like to go if schedule permits. Would go just to break glass...I mean just to work on spectra physics lasers
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Would go just to break glass...I mean just to work on spectra physics lasers

Hey I'll bring those two cracked plasma tubes if you want to take out your aggression on something that was really expensive at one time

Hey I'll bring those two cracked plasma tubes if you want to take out your aggression on something that was really expensive at one time
    Just don't smash the magnets!

-Adam

Have you ever considered JB Weld (joke- that will never work for your shattered light bulbs) -

Our list on those PT's were $7800.00 ea. (installed of course plus travel, hotel & perdiem)

While we are on the subject - I might suggest (no not really...INSIST) if you need to get rid of them send them to Brian Bohan at Cambridge lasers. Because they are BeO you need to have them disposed of properly. If for some reason the tube gets broken anywhere around the bore (BeO) Immerse the entire plasma tube in a bag or bucket of water to keep the BeO powder from becoming airborn...Bad...Very Bad.

I hope you guys choose a place close to Bend, I might try to find a place to gather here...I dont get out very much.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.