Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SELEM Highlights

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Sounds awesome! were any of Bill's presentations recorded? I'd be interested in seeing them.
    I recorded both of the safety presentations, most of Patrick's history of ILDA, and got Bill tuning Stuka's scanners... I think. I need to capture most of it and then get it uploaded. I may burn it and mail it to Spec to compress it better.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

I hope you guys are gonna whack some of this stuff onto the FTP server.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    I hope you guys are gonna whack some of this stuff onto the FTP server.
    That's the plan, yeah. Might take a few days to move the data back and fourth though.

Adam

he said "whack"...

heh.

Sounds like you-all had a good time.. I saw a lil bit on the live broadcast..
    Looked really good
    Styx rocked-- they really needed a good lasershow tho..

One of the highlights for me was seeing ImageLight's Lexel 88 fired up and shot through a lens to seperate out the green, blue and a little violet. It reminded me of seeing Mark's (Lasernerd) similar unit in operation back in the day out here in Oregon. That unit is the most pristine vintage gas unit I've ever seen. As mentioned many times, mixedgas really knows his stuff. I enjoyed sitting in and listening to him spout a constant stream of knowledge. -if only I had brought a notepad..

The main highlight for me though, was the laser show on Sunday. I NEVER get in the path of beams on principle, but after taking a look from the balcony for a second, I decided my eyes could just cope with it already! At points, it looked like you could hop into a projected cone and slide down to the projector! Great stuff!

-Jonathan

Adam - any time mate. We are just a little disheartened that we couldn't be there. I tuned into one of the live streams on my sunday morning (your Saturday afternoon) and saw Patrick talking about safety and amiga stuff. I was too hungover for it to sink in though, and got a bit carried away on the live chat

anyway - live pro is crazy. we did a show in june with 11 lasers running off one computer. 5 flashbacks. It wasn't without it's problems - however when it was all running smoothly it was great. once you get your head around the software you'll be amazed at how you can use trickery to achieve what you're after... as I said, 11 lasers, 5 flashbacks, yet we were able to isolate each projector individually for beam targetting, etc..

and - i can't wait to get the scanpro50s... great to hear that they work as well as we anticipated!
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    That was cool you guys!
    It totaly made my weekend!
    it sure was fun watching and chatting!!

The "private" lasershow requests wuith 4 RGB projectors was extremely nice!!!

12 years later!! woooohoooooooooooooo :-)

Cool

Ah ha! You're the one that requested the 12 years later show! I remember that request!

Cool! Glad we were able to honor your request. And yeah, the event was *very* fun. If you thought the live video looked good, you should have seen it in person!

Adrian;

The ScanPro 50's are *damn* cool. I actually had to dial the scan angle back on my projector because it was scanning from the ground floor in the middle row of seats all the way to the ceiling above the balcony! Not exactly safe when nearly the entire audience seating area is within the scan angle of the projector! (This was with them running at 30K)

I still haven't unpacked everything from my trip (too busy catching up at work - I'm completely bushed when I get home), but hopefully this weekend I'll get some time to shoot some close-up video of the scanners in operation.

Adam

Talking First Light of the sexy Lexy

Hey All,

I've got to say, Selem was frickin awlsome.
    After sitting on a shelf for over a year, my Lexel 95 came to light thanks
    to DZ and Mixed Gas. YOU GUYS ROCK.

Thanks again to Buffo, for putting this all together. Thanks again to Bill, Patrick, Steve, Francesco and James for doing your presentations. Lots of great information there. Big Thanks to our door prize sponsors and everyone who came to the event. It was really great to meet up with all you pirates that share in this money pit hobby. I was really impressed with everyone's laser projectors and equipment. I wish we could all get together more often, this is so much fun. BTW, The shirts are really
    nice. Thanks DZ

Best Regards,

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MixedGas DZ.jpg  

Argon.jpg