Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ALC68A PSU Strip down & clean up

You are an electronics surgeon! I love to see this kind of passion and attention to perfection. This is art. You are a master.

You also have some REAL GUTS!

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 09-14-2008 at 21:03.

[quote=smogthemog;60315]Thanks for the comments guy's.
    To be honest Carl I haven't noticed any output difference only that I don't get the strange pulsing any more within the beam when scanned but I guess the faulty cap may have been the cause of that.

Well the lack of the beam pulsing will be a visual improvement when watching shows. When I had a little SP 161 I had the same problem with pulsing but at the time I did not have the know how to fix it. The PSU was a kit I bought from Dave Green, aka LaserTech.

Carl

Cool

I am continually amazed by the craftsmanship displayed by the mere "hobbyists" here in the forums. (And secretly envious of their talents as well...)

Jim, the work you have done on that laser (and now the PSU) is much better than any of the commercial stuff coming out of China these days, and I dare say it's even better than a good portion of the stuff made in Europe and the US.

Well done man... *WELL DONE*!

Adam

Thank you Adam for the praise, muchly appreciated.

I did a little testing of the tube voltages last night @ different tube current levels and these where my results.
    Perhaps a little high but I hope it to come down a little with use as it had been standing prior to me getting it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2208.JPG  

IMG_2209.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!