Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SELEM!!!

Default SELEM!!!

First off-

what a GREAT pleasure it was to FINALLY put faces with the names and posts from this great lil community of ours! it was a pleasure to meet ALL of you.

what a bunch of cool fuc*in dudes!

talk about laser heaven! WOW! for those of you that plan on sticking with this "hobby" of lasers, i would STRONGLY reccomend you heading to at least one of these meets. the amount of knowledge and expertise and valuable information that is exchanged here is priceless.

sucks i had to leave on saturday. but, family issues demanded my presence. and hey, i won some scanners before i left, so...

platinum, dz, buffo, stukka (sp? sorry. ), spec, allthatwhichis, 300evil, mecheng, whitcher, jameslehman, butcher, shit...all you guys (if i missed a name dont take it personally! lol..im lucky i remember MY name right now!!), thanks for a GREAT 2 days. bill from pango, patrick murphy, steve roberts...wish i could have talked with you guys a little more. but, you had a long line of people waiting before me for your professional tutoring. so, next time....

i have a little issue with my scanner mirrors (as we all know now. 500mW out of a 3W yag!?!?...YOU KIDDING ME??? lol...) but, your guys projectors absolutely blew my mind. it amazes me that you only do this as "a hobby." 99% of what i saw could be EASILY used to make some money back! (and of course buy more lasers!!)

bill- that fiberglass case was BAD ASS!!!!!!!!! . what a great idea!

i already got the yag apart. and the beam off the module (before optics and scanning) is DEFINITELY 3W. OUCH!!!!!!!!!! lol. learned that the hard way. the scanner mirrors are dead. absolutely dead. the X axis is barely able to produce a reflection. it must be some sort of oxidation or scratched/burnt in dust or something.

i got some pics up of the event...

here ya go for your viewing pleasure.

-Marc

OH...

by the way, im starting a collection. i got a GODDAMN $200 ticket on the way home in PA. donations will be accepted!
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thumbs up

Wow,nice pictures!
    Looks like they have nice 3 phase..
    hey if i show up next year can I tap 100amps per leg?

Man those pictures!

mark (crap....ummm...imagelight i think..??) got a BRAND SPANKIN NEW 5W argon. what a BEAUTIFUL laser! he was pulling off of that 3Ph. there was enough power there to dim a zip-code!

that thing was just scarey amounts of electrical power! absolutely beautiful laser though!
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

It would be for 2 SP 168's and a chiller
    one Argon the other Krypton

oh, so many niceful lasers. good working, Marc, thanks for your sharing.
    maybe we 'd like to know
    How many pcs RGB? what power it is?
    How many pcs RGY? what powr it is?
    How many PCS G?B? R? what power it is?
    any group photos of you, guys?
    haha, here in China, every meeting, group photos is the most important, if not there, sorry for my asking.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    Looks like they have nice 3 phase..
    hey if i show up next year can I tap 100amps per leg?
    Is that all you need? Shoot... That's nothing.

Dude - we have 450 *AMPS* of 3 phase power available at this venue. It's accessible from a large disconnect panel that is about 25 feet from the stage door. It's the main switchgear panel for the theatrical stage lighting. And of course, since we're not using any of that lighting, all 450 amps are available for our use!

208V 3 phase Wye connected, fused for 450 amps per leg. We actually measured 210 volts (even while drawing ~ 30 amps per leg to run the Lexel 95), which is good because a tad high is much better than being low!

We also have about 10 GPM of water cooling available using nothing more than line pressure. That water source is 10 feet away from the 3 phase distribution panel mentioned above. (Which is to say, it's the same distance from the stage door.)

If you needed more water, we could pull from two other sources - one is 30 feet further away, and the other is about 70 feet further. Not sure how much more water we could get, but I would estimate at least another 10 GPM.

That enough?

(Told you this was the *perfect* venue...)
    Man those pictures!
    Plenty more to come. Spec shot a lot, and I think 300Evil did too. And then there's the videos... So yeah, lots more to come!

Adam

Nice photos!!
    And nice laser projectors!!
    Really wanna be there too!
    Thanks for sharing.
    http://www.viasho.com
    wzc@viasho.com
    Wechat & Whatsapp: +8613911142669

Holy.

Shit.

Thanks for sharing your pictures! I really want to be there for the next summer SELEM. Guess it is quite hard, as I live so far away from there...but who knows! Maybe somehow I'll manage to appear! The laserists' heaven.....mmmmmhhh....

that's great, more pictures! especially of the members I'd like to see them. sorry I couldn't make it!