View Poll Results: Do u think a simple well explained step by step guide for new builders would be good?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it can prevent dangerous and expensive mistakes and help the build

29 72.50%
  • No, laser building should remain a mystery and the danger to eyes is part of the fun

11 27.50%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: How to build thread

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    some old posts could be pulled in to at least in part to assemble the thing.
    There you go then, You're as capable as anyone else when it comes to searching old posts and you'll probably learn a lot in the process. Perhaps if you make a start others will follow BUT... You can't just expect everyone to do the work for you ... I now have a feeling of Deja Vu haven't we been here before

Jem is this the machine you meant - its a Vivid: http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...46497&doy=25m8

Would be £39.99 (£40) with non timed remote though or £45 if timed. Saw it after your post but though that it was starting to look a little expensive for such a cheap amchine once the remote was added in.
    Yes, that's the one. The price *IS* £29.99 including a remote. The remote shown at £9.99 is a direct replacement for the one that's included (should you ever lose it ) A timed remote would be a luxury and perhaps useful, but it's certainly not essential.

It's quite a capable little fog machine for the price. As I mentioned, I had one and it served me well for home shows for quite a while. I now have a Look Solutions Unique 2 Hazer - A different beast altogether Incidentally if you need info on Hazers/Foggers there's been loads of information on these posted in past threads, but i'm afraid you'll have to do a search to find them ... Is there a pattern emerging here

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I had to buy one of those Vivid Foggers because I forgot my hazer fluid for my Martin Jem Magnum and it dug the band and I out of a hole, I now keep it as a backup just in case.

I can say for the money they are good value and they do put out a good quantity of smoke when the bass player remembered to press the button, a timed remote would have been even more of a saviour for me.

Onge

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    would I be better off mounting it quite high (5ft) as originally suggested then projecting the beams a log way down the roof so you see them flatter or lower, maybe 3 feet, and projecting them steeper so you see them on more of an upwards gradient?
    Try it both ways and decide for yourself which one you prefer. Both will give interesting effects, but the one that has the projector mounted higher (with the beams running more or less parallel to the roof) will probably look brighter.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    There was soemthing of a guide made... and handed out, hardcopy only, at SELEM, day 2. Sorry Marc... I just counted, 17 pages. Thanks Bill!
    OFF TOPIC....

Huh! What! Why didn't I get a copy! Seriously, can anyone scan or fax me a copy of this? PM me. I Want!
    Thanks!
    Adam

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    OFF TOPIC....

Huh! What! Why didn't I get a copy! Seriously, can anyone scan or fax me a copy of this? PM me. I Want!
    Thanks!
    Adam
    Hi Adam;

Sorry you missed out on it. I'll get a copy scanned and on-line for you this weekend.

Adam

Could you make it public? Or put it on the PL ftp!

Cool

Yeah, I'll post it on the FTP server.

Adam

Have you uploaded this yet? Have you? Have you????

Cool

I'm working on it. Been a little busy this weekend. (See the thread in the lounge where my washing machine hose blew up.) Now I find out my generator won't run (with several tropical storms in the area), and my lawn mower just quit 1/2 way through the yard.

Damn. I need a vacation. Oh, right. I've got one coming up. Except I might not be able to go because of the storms. Shit...

I'll get the document scanned, don't worry.

Adam

Cool

Ok - here's the direct link to the document that Bill released at SELEM 2008. After I scanned it I saw that the .pdf was only 6.5 megs, so rather than putting it on the ftp server I just uploaded it to the PhotonLexicon Gallery.

So go grab yourself a copy! (Now someone tell me why my lawnmower won't start and I'll be happy again...)

Adam