View Poll Results: Do u think a simple well explained step by step guide for new builders would be good?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it can prevent dangerous and expensive mistakes and help the build

29 72.50%
  • No, laser building should remain a mystery and the danger to eyes is part of the fun

11 27.50%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: How to build thread

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'm working on it. Been a little busy this weekend. (See the thread in the lounge where my washing machine hose blew up.) Now I find out my generator won't run (with several tropical storms in the area), and my lawn mower just quit 1/2 way through the yard.

Damn. I need a vacation. Oh, right. I've got one coming up. Except I might not be able to go because of the storms. Shit...

I'll get the document scanned, don't worry.

Adam
    Obviously, since you put life before lasers, your priorities need some attitude adjusting...

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Hey - what do you want? I got the damn document up...

Fuck - Looks like tropical storm IKE is going to fuck up my cruise. Damn it.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hey - what do you want? I got the damn document up...

Fuck - Looks like tropical storm IKE is going to fuck up my cruise. Damn it.

Adam
    Not the ILDA laser geek cruise!

That's just WRONG !!

Frickin' weather........you may just have to fire up the lasers at home and mix some hearty batches of "hurricanes" to simulate cruise conditions. In fact, why don't we just load up the party gear and come over for SELEM 2.1 at your house - sounds like you could use a festive diversion. We'll order pizza - that seemed to work last time !
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Is the cruise going to get cancelled? If not, I'd go for it! Adventure!

:-D

Thanks for uploading the document Adam!

Cool

Well, I just got an E-mail from Patrick Murphy (President of ILDA) and he says that right now the ILDA cruise is a go. Carnival is saying that they don't anticipate any problems. Worst case, they may reverse the order of the ports that we visit, or maybe leave a day later. (If they leave later, we get a partial refund...)

Actually, I'm more worried about Hanna right now. She's predicted to hit South Carolina, and it looks like Charleston is damn close to the centerline track. Fuck... Gotta get my generator fixed!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    Thanks for uploading the document Adam!

yEAHHHH thanx adam!!!

damn work computers suck so much they lose memory halfway through the first page and print the rest blank!!

i will have to print at home

thanks andy!
    -Josh

It printed all blank pages for me too...

Quote Originally Posted by trwalters001 View Post
    It printed all blank pages for me too...
    That can sometimes happen if you're using a printer with a PCL driver, try using a PS (Postcript) driver if you have one available.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001