Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PICS

Default PICS

HERE ARE SOME PICS.

Sorry, i know i posted in 2 areas. kill me.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Cool

*AWESOME* pictures Marc! Damn fine job getting them on-line so quickly too...

Adam

Thumbs up

Wicked!!!!!

Some lovely colour there.. Looks at a guess like you guys had more gas than diode?

Mark

Superb ! awesome pics ..and this image i would say is really special
    http://www.ctlasers.com/html/selem_108.html
    7 laser all doing rastering !

Buffo - if you look back to your first meet was it mainly green lasers ? strange to see how wickedly fast UKLEM has developed , the first meet here in UK was almost entirely GREEN with the exception of ROBs gas laser now its almost entirely colour and it looks like SELEMs been a pretty colourful place too !

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    the first meet here in UK was almost entirely GREEN with the exception of ROBs gas laser
    Err... You're forgetting my RGB that was full colour until my Lasever blue packed in, at which stage it became a RGY

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    Some lovely colour there.. Looks at a guess like you guys had more gas than diode?
    No Mark, that's not gas... All those lovely color pictures you see are solid-state projectors! And every single one of them used DPSS 473 nm for blue. (None of us can afford the expensive 445 nm blue diodes, or even the 457 nm DPSS blues!)

We did have a few argon lasers there as well, but they were off to the side and there aren't many pictures of them. I had my HGM5 there, but we never got it connected to the beam rail projector. (Developed a problem with the power supply.) ImageLight had his nearly new Lexel 95 Argon there, but it never left the hallway behind the stage. (Not enough cable or water hose to get it to the stage.) And finally, there were 3 other small argon lasers in attendance running off 110V power, but only 1 of those was outfitted with a PCAOM for full color control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Superb ! awesome pics ..and this image i would say is really special
    http://www.ctlasers.com/html/selem_108.html
    7 laser all doing rastering !
    I forgot about that! Yeah, that was pretty cool. 7 projectors running the Pangolin "Linea" raster scan graphics show. I'm glad that Mark got a picture of that!
    Buffo - if you look back to your first meet was it mainly green lasers ?
    Well, the very first meet we ever had (FLEM version 1.0, in January of 2007 down in Orlando, Florida) was a pretty small event. Even so, we had a Lexel 85 on a large beam table, two solid state RGB projectors, and a third RGB projector that we basically assembled on a table for the event, plus 1 monochrome green projector. So even back then, color was a very large part of the event.

Admittedly, *I* did not have full color back then (I was the one with the lame 100 mw green projector), but I certainly got bit by the color bug after that event! Within 3 months I had a full color rig. (And Pangolin!)

The first SELEM (in August of 2007) was also a very colorful event, though admittedly it was no where near as large of an event as it was this year. Last year we only had 4 RGB projectors, plus a decent sized argon (Have_Unlocked's converted HGM5), a RYG projector, a small 110V argon, and a pair of green-only projectors. The main difference was that we watched a lot of graphics shows at that event so we frequently had only 1 projector running at a time.

This year we had 7 people that were running the QM-2000 board, and they *all* had RGB projectors. That made it easy to do some incredible stuff! Also, we had two other RGB projectors there that were running other software. (One had the Pangolin FB3, and the other was running Laserboy.) We had a pair of green-only Mobolaser beam rails in place (with 3 watt dpss green lasers in each one!); one was running off Full-Auto, and the other was running Phoenix, I believe. Oh yeah, and we had at least one other 500 mw green-only projector running off a Pangolin FB3. Plus the Lexel 95 running in the hallway! Whew! What a large collection of gear...
    strange to see how wickedly fast UKLEM has developed , the first meet here in UK was almost entirely GREEN with the exception of ROBs gas laser now its almost entirely colour and it looks like SELEMs been a pretty colourful place too !
    Well, I would say that SELEM has always been colorful, but it's certainly getting larger. Once we get some pictures posted of the stage area you'll see how much bigger this event was. We had equipment *everywhere*. Next year I'm going to have to work out a better arrangement for getting things set up and organized. We can get more equipment on stage, but we need to be more methodical about how we do it next time.

But yeah, this thing has grown into quite the event. I can't imagine what next year is going to look like... I was completely blown away by some of the things we did this year. People are *really* getting good at this!

Adam

Lightbulb

I am not sure which thread to post this in... but I have 20+ minutes of raw footage from the balcony. I have made two versions, the 145MB for google video and the 3.99GB that I will put on DVD if we have enough interest for it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...56969141&hl=en

I am still a little beat from the trip and the boss says I have to clean up the yard before Fay arrives, so I will post my "thanks" and explain how awesome the event was later. This video is the important part.

I get a prize for first video posted correct?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

absolutely stunning pictures i cannot miss next year
    -Josh

Wow, the video is great, and so are some of the pictures, I bet you all had an amazing time!

Btw whats the second song on the video called ?

can't wait to see more pictures

awesome video!! i would kill to own all those!
    -Josh