Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medilas to Ilda format frame conversion

Default Medilas to Ilda format frame conversion

Hi guys, a newbie to this forum here, but I have been playing with lasers for 15 years now, I have a request for everyone, can anyone convert medialas files to ILDA standard, I have an old laserpainter pci programme that I cannot get working anymore but the beam shows and frames it came with are great so would like to use them on my Laser Electronics ZION software.
    Unless that is if anyone thinks they can get my medilas software running again, but it is designed to run on win 98 and I now only have a Dell laptop and docking station, any help would be well recieved,many thanks,scuddmann

Could you not install a lean version of Win98 on to the laptop as well as it's current OS?

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

The laptop could be set to dual boot but you need to put 9x in first and you would then have to have partitions or make existing drive fat32.
    There must be a way to convert them - what format are they? .fra .fla .mlf ????
    was wondering if they might load into Mamba and save out as .ild
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Rob
    As far as I am aware you cannot save shows out of Mamba Black into full .ild files. It only saves any individual frames that have been created, not what it does on the timeline, but pulling them in via Mamba might bring them in as individual frames and then that would be OK.

Onge

I thought thats what he wanted but also you can output selected scenes or an entire show to an ild file stream

rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

If you can save the stream of data, and figure out the order of the data structures, you can turn that into anything you want. Do you have the means to make any of these files from simple lines and points of various colors?

James.

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Could you not install a lean version of Win98 on to the laptop as well as it's current OS?

Jim
    Hi, smothemog, the laptop has only got win 98 and is running no other applications only laserpainter, the error message I get is hardware conflict????!!! thanks anyway, scuddmann

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    If you can save the stream of data, and figure out the order of the data structures, you can turn that into anything you want. Do you have the means to make any of these files from simple lines and points of various colors?

James.
    James, hi, Errrrr, to be honestly truthful with you, what you have just said has just gone right over my head, all things are simple 'till they stop working 'an I stopped working!!!! cheers, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    The laptop could be set to dual boot but you need to put 9x in first and you would then have to have partitions or make existing drive fat32.
    Rob
    Rob, hi, Dirk from Medialas did tell me once that Mamba black has the ability to convert files, but I do not have the programme, and after paying £1800 for the Laserscience Zion I am not inclinded to purchase a 3rd Laser programme, ohh and by the way your footerquote is spot on, I am surrounded down here in Kent by non believers!!!!, cheers, scuddmann

Scudd
    I have PM'd you
    if you send me some files I will try and convert them 4 u

Rob