Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another pricefall for KVANT laser modules!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    To make 660 anywhere usable you need around 6-7W.
    OMG.. 6 To 7 WATTS of 660nm

What I wouldn't give for 6 to 7 watts of red - oh, and all the other colours of course to get a perfect white balance

That's waaaaaaaaay outside my league

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I have 1W 650 together with 800mw 635. And they work great together.
    What are you using to mix them together?
    I've got the Double Maxyz's but are definatly the hardest colours to see in my setup, although they are fine and work well with the other lasers. But I want to add some 635.

I think Buffo spoke about this ages ago, about a dichro that could do it...

Graham
    Last edited by laserLips; 08-21-2008 at 04:37. Reason: because I can

Cool

There is indeed a Dichro that will allow you to mix 658 nm red with 635 nm red. The problem is that it's a custom job, and a 1 inch dichro will cost around $165, and that's assuming we can get 10 people in on the group buy. Also, that price is a year old. I don't know if it's still good or not.

Adam

I'm not saying not to use those wavelenghts. What I'm saying is that you need a very great amount of power to make them usable. In total dakness even a low powered 660 looks nice but turn couple of fixtures on and it's gone. To make 660 anywhere usable you need around 6-7W. As a adition to the projector it's good. I have 1W 650 together with 800mw 635. And they work great together.

Several folks at this past SELEM meet (myself included) were using Maxyz 660nm modules, ranging from 200 to 400 mw.

Granted, that wouldn't be good for an outdoor show, but in the correct indoor venue like we were using, they looked absolutely GREAT, for both graphics AND theater-filling beam shows!! !!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Martin

hopefully you are getting some interest with the modules

one thing that might stir up some interest is a few pictures of your projector, some shots of the layout and heads

it is so jaw doppingly good and certainly shows the fantastic quality of the engineering and effort that Kavant but into these wonderful Lasers

so please post some piccys

all the best .... Karl

Smile

Hi Karl

It is nice to hear that some of us do appreciate quality product.

Well, as I am going to have those prices in 2 weeks time I will put everything together than and post it here including some nice pics.
    ..and you are right..they are group of Laser-Fanatics and they are pushing things forward as much as they can..

I can't wait to see this little box running (as I showed it to some of you on the picture). It is lovely.

1W WL made of 445,532 and 642. Weight is 8.5 kg and dimensions are 264x175x180....nice!
    Compact,lightweight,superb color balance (I was told). I want one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010001.JPG  

P1010003.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    There is indeed a Dichro that will allow you to mix 658 nm red with 635 nm red. The problem is that it's a custom job, and a 1 inch dichro will cost around $165, and that's assuming we can get 10 people in on the group buy. Also, that price is a year old. I don't know if it's still good or not.

Adam
    If there is anyway you could find out and if the price has gone down I'd defo be interested.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    If there is anyway you could find out and if the price has gone down I'd defo be interested.

Graham
    Friend of mine has a coating machine. He is just too lazy to turn it on again But I'll ask him.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Hi martin

What about the inside pictures .... thats where the coolness is

all the best ... Karl

Hm, that camera has been used for laser-photos.. I can see the dead pixels in a nice curved line