Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another pricefall for KVANT laser modules!

Exclamation Another pricefall for KVANT laser modules!

Hello everyone!

I managed to get incredibly low prices from KVANT people for laser modules (mainly Red 640nm and Blue 445nm) and some other parts as well.

I haven't got exact prices yet but they are supposed to be well below all other good quality suppliers (MediaLas included :-) ).

New complete pricelist will be on my website after 10th of September, but if anyone would be interested in any of these parts now, give me a ring or send me an e-mail and we will sort something out.

Also I would like to point out that KVANT diodes are strictly running their nominal powers so life expectancy is high. This explains why some other companies have higher output from same diodes for similar price.

Here are some pictures of selected modules. All modules are supplied with power supply and cooling unit.

Best regards
    Pelosh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue 445 500mW,1W.jpg  

Blue 445 2W+.jpg  

Red 642,660nm.jpg  

Red 635nm.jpg  

Last edited by pelosh; 08-20-2008 at 22:54. Reason: few mistakes

Lightbulb

I am afraid to ask about even the 500mW 445... but even the suggestion of one is enticing...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

cant wait for a price!
    -Josh

do the modules with 'both' for polarization use 2 diodes and a PBS internally?

The 635nm caught my eye!
    I want one!
    Those are some very "pretty" lasers!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Good eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Yes in 500mw module they looks like used 2 low powered diodes mirror and PBS.
    and if you read more closer you will find that there are 2 diodes 642 and 660. No polarization and no PBS just a custom dichro.

Also may I point out again 3W of 445 = 700mw of 473
    Cheaper to get 800mw 473nm from Bridge
    Also what is inside 642/660 module?. Because 660 is practically useless for lasershows. How much of 642 is there and how much of 660. Because 660 is a power of 6. So 500mw @ 660 will be as bright as 70mw 635

And another thing oversepcing modules are not current overdriven!!!. They just have lower claimed power. And I'm sorry claimed 500mw module producing 450mw...this is a BS. 500mw must produce 520mw to be accepted as 500.....in real world 450mw module will be marked as 400mw.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Default Ups..

Ok guys.. I must admit that 450mW Red claimed to be 500mW is my administrative mistake. Looong ours at work and then trying to get these things together..

Not everyone likes 473,some people do like 445

660nm is sometimes used in 15W+ WL projectors as additional colour.

660 and 642 are of course 2 separate modules.

..and driving 150mW diode to 200mW is quite not right,isn't it?

BACK TO WORK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Also may I point out again 3W of 445 = 700mw of 473
    Cheaper to get 800mw 473nm from Bridge
    Probably true, but you're not comparing like with like. When that 445nm is added to a projector the colours are simply beautiful. Martin demonstrated his Kavant projector at UKLEM recently and i'd challenge you to find anyone who was there that wasn't totally blown away by the colour gamut.

Because 660 is practically useless for lasershows.
    Err... What about all the people who have 659nm MaXYZmodules fitted in their projectors... Are they all useless?

I guess if you're talking about multiwatt gas rigs (which incidentally I know nothing about) then perhaps what you're saying could be true. But for all of us with DPSS i'm afraid I have to disagree - In the nicest possible way of course

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I'm not saying not to use those wavelenghts. What I'm saying is that you need a very great amount of power to make them usable. In total dakness even a low powered 660 looks nice but turn couple of fixtures on and it's gone. To make 660 anywhere usable you need around 6-7W. As a adition to the projector it's good. I have 1W 650 together with 800mw 635. And they work great together.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!