Thread: Backing up my PM25 to laptop with Vista

Default Backing up my PM25 to laptop with Vista

Has anyone any ideas on how to get my PM25 with an RS232 Serial interface talking to my laptop running with Vista that has no Serial port or Hyper Terminal.

I am aware of the USB - RS232 adaptors but I don't think it comes with any communication software, just the driver.

Carl

Carl

First get a serial/USB convertor

Next, you can still use old XP Hyper terminal with Windows Vista. Just find these two files on an XP computer: hypertrm.dll and hypertrm.exe. You can put these files anywhere on your (Vista) hard disk, no installation required.

Double click hypertrm.exe and away you go... err... perhaps

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Cheers Jem. Another PL member to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    Cheers Jem. Another PL member to the rescue.
    You're most welcome ... I just hope it works

If you still have problems I have a terminal program that I use for data logging, i'm not home right now and I can't remember its name, but that should work as it's much more comprehensive than hyperterminal (it's either freeware or shareware, I can't remember which). Just let me know how you get on.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem

A mate of mine has XP so I'l let you know as soon as I get to try it out.
    Did you find out the name of the other software you use and where can I down load it from?

Carl