Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Industrial laser any one ????

Cool Industrial laser any one ????

hello im trying to also fix this baby 1.2KW CW Co2
    picture attached (how coud i embedd a picture in here???)

it is a 220V 3phase 90Amp BIG laser, anode was falling apart,
    not aligned, and mirror mount motors do not move.

thanks

Eduardo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TJ 123.jpg  

Too bad you can't see *THAT* bad-boy!!!

here is a pic of the cavitiy on discharge, but not lasing even that i did my best to align the intra cavity mirrors, i need to fix the mirror steppers so i can adjustit while PSU is on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TJ 116.jpg  

TJ 122.jpg  

I don't know anything about it, so can you tell us what we are looking at? Is this flowing gas? That's a real beast.

James.

Hello,

lets learn toghether then,

Background:

i build laser cutters for 3 years now, (none like that) ussually the bigest laser ive made is a 5 by 9 foot work area with a 300watt sealed co2 laser.

i have repaired since many laser cutters from USA, CHINA, GERMANY, and others,

i got a phone call from someone who saw my web page, and asked if i could look at a laser cutter,we setup an apointment and, i was really impressed once i saw that monster, i said that i had never repaired such machine but that i was confident that i had the basic knoledge on co2 lasers to fix it, and they gave me the green light to go, it has been 3 months now...

the machine is an AMADA lasmac utilizing a custom build laser from spectra phisycs,
    we learned this becouse after we changed a few capacitors and other parts from the PSU and got the gases (yea it is a flowing gas using 3 separate cylinders), it started the discharge on the chamber only to after a few minutes (during burn in) one of the anode plates (it has 50 anode plates on a big water cooled ceramic plate) fall off shorting it to the cathode and blew $500 worth of parts on the PSU)
    after calling spectra phisycs and learning that thy dont repair the anode but they could still get a new one for us for $18,000 we decided to repair it ourselfs,

we removed all the 50 plates (4 where already loose in the chamber) sanded the ceramic plate, and started to search for a suitable adhesive capable of whitstanding 1200 degree celcius and having no volatile fumes under vacumm after much research
    (1 month) we found a ceramic-titanium oxide adhesive, but this had to be cured at 100 degree celcius for 3 hours, so i contacted the guy who does the podwer coating on my machines, and he agreed to bake the anode assembly for us, after we put it together (and fixing the PSU) we succesfully completed the BURN-IN procedure (4 hour runn at difrent pressures currents and gas mixes) but still we had no power on the meter eben at the max 1400volts 15Amps, so i opened the front part of the chamber to find that the stepper motors that align the front mirror dont move, since i had sucsessfully aligned some argons, co2, and yag lasers, i oppened the back of the chamber, setup a he-ne and manually moved the mirror untill it was alligned (at least the beam came back at its source completley centered) sealed the chamber repeated the burn in procedure and no luck still had no power, so i will be removing the mirrors for inspection along with the mirror actuator assembly.

here are some more pics from the machine, anode and one of my co-workers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TJ 102.jpg  

TJ 106.jpg  

TJ 111.jpg  

TJ 101.jpg  

Lightbulb

I have now seen a laser that scares me... at least those pictures of it do.

Welcome to the board man.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

This is getting good!

More, please!

James.

That might even be bright enough for my BBQ. At least the guests can't complain about blinding them with an audience scan if you cut their heads off!

In the alternative, colour reminds me of a Blu Ray Diode. Ever thought of building the worlds most powerful Blu ray Player?

that purple glow is just the plasma discharge, the laser light emmited will be infra red and most invisible to you and eye (I).
    Good for BBQ & cutting heads off but not much good for playing discs

Rob

PS whopper machine love the images - more more...
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

youre right Rob, this laser is invisible,

James, to use the laserboy do i need to modify the computer soundcard ??

here is another pic from one of the machines i build
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TJ 089.jpg  

TJ 072.jpg  

Last edited by ams-laser; 08-21-2008 at 06:09.