Thread: Cambridge Technology 6200 Scanners

Default Cambridge Technology 6200 Scanners

Hi All,

I just picked up 4 Cambridge Technology 6200L galvos from ebay. I suppose they're really 6200HLs, which is just a different connector option. They're tiny little things. The mirrors were obviously designed for something other than visible light so I’m going to want to remove/replace the mirrors. They look like they’re glued on with epoxy, and I’m planning to try to use some acetone to get them off – is this a bad approach in anybody’s eyes?

Brian

I warm the very end of the rotor with a fine tipped soldering iron until the glue softens and the mirror works free.

Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk, and not in conjunction with the acetone

I would second P1t8ulls method - its by far the simplest way to get em off
    do you have any replacement mirrors? - if not drom me a PM

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hi,

I have the 6215's great little galvos..

If you need the procedure I can send it to you as written by Cambridge.

There is need for great care here. There is also a proper jig for doing this (at least according to my manual).

Cambridge stress avoiding any chemicals or excess heat as this may damage the units.

PM me if you want the info..

Cheers

Ray
    NZ