Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser to Torch

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

I believe we are in the presence of a Nincompoop.

Hey, Richard

I love your new avatar, reminds me of Ron Mael of Sparks fame.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

That's spooky cus that's who it is !

Such a cuddley bunny, isn't he.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    That's spooky cus that's who it is !

Such a cuddley bunny, isn't he.
    I used to love Sparks. Still got a fair bit of 'em on my iPod.

Oh, Hell... i'm going to have to go for a pee otherwise i'm going to wet myself from laughing so much. Now my jaw's aching and my staff think i've finally cracked

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

there really are some burkes out there. I once had someone telling me how his mate had the amzingly powerful lasepointer that could put a red dot on the moon. So I told the lad to get his mate to place the back of the pointer against his forehead and press the button and he would be able to see the spot on the back of his mates head after it had gone round the world - he went off to try - I suspect hes still trying.

rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Unhappy Ok, I'm an idiot

I thought this was a good idea, as I've been told it isn't sorry for lieing and saying that it was a joke

If there any way of deleteing threads ?
    My friends say I'm mad , I suppose they're not wrong !

Naaah... Please don't delete it !!!

It's the funniest thread i've read in ages

Whenever i'm feeeling brassed off i'll look up this thread and have a right good laugh

Jem

Wink Well thats it

I've made my self a laughing stock , but I'm laughing just as much as every one else , hey I'm young and stupid, I'll learn.
    My friends say I'm mad , I suppose they're not wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Loonatic View Post
    I've made my self a laughing stock
    Aww... Don't be too hard on yourself, you have at least acheived the dubious honour of giving me one of the best laughs i've ever had on this forum

Jem

loonatic-

while i am sure this post looked cool on "wicked lasers" site or some other "pointer jockey" forum it just really has no place here.

everyone here deals with lasers on a more prfessional level and a more "REALISTIC" level. i am sure that jem (as hard as he was laughing) was NOT lauging AT YOU, more of laughing at the RIDICULOUS and 99.999% False and utterly incomprehensible (sp?) statements that were made about the pointers.

a laser pointer WILL NOT BE VISIBLE FOR OVER 100 MILES!!! an 80 watt yag in most circumstances isnt visible for over 100 miles.

a laser pointer can not drill holes. (it can put a hole in a black piece of construction paper or something similar.) i DO NOT regard that as "drilling."

a laser pointer can not have open cut healing power. can you believe some manufacturers of pointers are STILL posting that??

your "torch" idea with a pointer THEORETICALLY is true. yes. if you shine a laser beam through a dirty optic or grating, the beam will spread out and light up a bigger area. HOWEVER, what the hell would you be lost in the woods with a laser pointer and NOT a flashlight for?? in my opinion if someone gets lost in the woods, but is prepared with a magical laser pointer and NOT a simple $2.99 walmart flashlight than they deserve to be lost!!

i honestly think i am going to start a contest with EVERY laser pointer company out there and the claims that they make.
    if ANY laser pointer can do more than 2 out of the 200 magical things they claim they can do i will buy the most expensive thing they offer to purchase and give it away to one of their most loyal customers or something.

its REALLY getting stupid with some of their claims.

stop an attacker.- you kidding me?? (designed for military, yes. ones from wicked lasers....NO!) excuse me mr attacker...can you please wait a second before pounding my face in...i have this laser pointer on me and i need to diverge the beam from 1mm to around 30-50mm with this here lens so that i can aim it in your eyes and temporarily blind you.

HOLY CRAP...I JUST SLICED MY HAND WITH THIS KNIFE.....
    Wait a minute, its ok!! i dont need stitches! YAAAYYY!!!! i have my 150mW laser pointer on me. i can cauterize the wound and i will be ALL better!!!

SCARE ATTACKING ANIMALS AWAY....if you, the human can not scream and fight and attack back at the animal enough to scare it away...but your TRUSTY little laser pointer with a green 1mm dot scares the 400 lb bear away, then i go back to the notion that your a jack ass and you deserve to be attacked!

POP BALLOONES AND BURN THINGS

ok, ill give ya that one. they CAN do that. however, so can a .99 cent lighter from a gas station. why the hell are people buying $500 lasers to pop balloons?? i want to meet THOSE people!! PLEASE, i BEG you....contact me!! i have a $5,000.00 little rock that looks like a shiny piece of glass (diamond) that is GREAT for holding paper down on a desk!!!

so, loonatic...

back to the point. youre young i assume. thats GREAT! we can mold you into a GREAT laserist and TEACH you what lasers are REALLY like! what they REALLY can do! (on this planet and in this reality!!). PLEASE...get the thoughts out of your head about what is claimed by the pointer jockey forums and companies.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems