Thread: dichros

Default dichros

Hey guys,
    Im currently in the process of setting up my argon and krypton heads side by side and now to join the beams i need a dichro. I know i need a pass blue/green reflect red. But what would be the best choice of dichro to buy for this, or whats the best company to buy from.
    Thanks Alot

-Adam

Hello Adam
    Of course I am going to say laserwave as I have a vested interest but before I was involved I had found them to be far superior to edmunds optics dichros. The dichro in question (refelct red pass green & blue) is brand new in the laserwave range and is very good hardly letting any red through.
    If you like I will test later with my mixed gas laser - same wavelengths - and report back so you have some better idea

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks rob that sounds good, please let me know how it goes. I will check them out.
    =)

Hi Adam

I have just tested the Laserwave dichros on my whitelight and good as the new dichro is (reflect red pass green & blue) I feel you will have least losses if you use the GBR dichro (reflect green and bule and pass red).
    Depending on which direction you want the beam to come out will determine if you have the dichro in front of the Krypton (white beam will be parallel to lasers) or in front of the argon (white beam will be perpendicular to lasers)

Hope this helps

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

hey
    wouldn't i be wasting lots of power from my krypton, if the dichro is a pass red reflect green blue... in your opinion whats the best most efficient way to mount the dichro, and which dichro would be most efficient to use. Also the white light beam parallel to my laser heads would make my life eaiser

-Adam

The GBR dichro will loose the smallest ammount or red (I tested all the dichros with my whitelight). So mounting it infront of the Krypton with the argon beam arriving at 90 degrees will achieve what you need.

Rob