Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Something wild - no lasers...

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'm with you there, Marc. I hate spiders too. Seeing that damn thing walking up the side of a building would be enough to cause me to loose control of my bodily functions.

And yeah, I know it's not a spider, but this freak of nature creeps me out to no end.

Adam
    UUgh!!!

Here's another one for ya' -

Camel Spiders, the nasty freaks of nature we got to hang out with in the Middle East: (shiver)

http://www.camelspiders.net/

We used to sleep with loaded pistols during Desert Storm -
    it wasn't the fear of the enemy, it was the fear of these fu**ers and the frickin' blood-sucking flies!

As far as the giant mechanical beast goes -
    If it came walking out of a tunnel without prior warning, I'd probably scream like a little girl then die of a heart attack!!
    Last edited by Stuka; 08-22-2008 at 08:59.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I'd have to agree. I don't much like spiders. But spiders are a lot like lasers. The bigger they are the scarier they are. There are some icky-looking giant hairy things that are known to be found inside houses even in Northern climates like Akron, Ohio! They don't move at all for days. But when they do, they move so fast you'll never see it! They also don't bite you..... once. They bite you many times leaving tracks of welts that hurt and itch for a while. I moved one with a glass jar and a piece of card board to the outside and I was thanked for my transport. Never saw it. It was there, in the glass. Then it wasn't. I also woke up once to find that I bumped into one in my sleep.

On the other hand, there are quite a few tiny little things that come down on threads from the ceiling of my basement to see what I'd doing on my computer. They are totally cool. They would not be in my house if they didn't have a good meal. Spiders are purely carnivorous. They eat only animals; i.e.: much ickier bugs.

If you have these little guys in your house, and you don't like them, get some of these and sit them around. You'll never see another one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osage-orange

James.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Looks like the BBC have the skinny on Rob's Giant Spider.
    Although strangely they only show rusted and grimy bits and pieces as it's "a secret".
    Best not be blabbing that it's all being assembled at Cammel Lairds then.

Judging by the state of the gear they are assembling they could do with Smog popping down with his scouring pads to bring a bit of "bling" to the place as well.

The guess about it making an appearance at the tunnel sounds spot on as a site about La Machine thanks (amongst others) The Mersey Tunnels Police.

Maybe it's be spouting lasers from its eyes.
    We can but hope.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

From those pix anybody from merseyside would be able to guess it was Cammel Lairds - not that much of a sectret. I just guess that there is a whole lot more to this than the spider I saw
    I think it will be pretty damn good - and yes im sure it could do with some lasers especially if image 5 is fog machines

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    That's a really impressive bit of Flash. Good use of animation.

Those are the kind of things I'd like to do one day... but alas, no time at the moment Got so much other Flash things I need to do first... *sigh*

That is indeed a nice bit 'o flash but I have to say its nothing compared to a mechanical spider thats bigger than a double decker bus!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    That is indeed a nice bit 'o flash but I have to say its nothing compared to a mechanical spider thats bigger than a double decker bus!
    Not for me, I LOVE Flash, lol

thats as maybe but are you honestly saying you are more impressed by a bit of software viewed on a screen than a fooking great mechanical spider that walks along and will likely scare the living crap out of most people who see it?
    If so I think you need to get out more.

Rob

Flash is my job, lol. I wouldn't do it if things like that animation didn't impress me lots.

And I didn't say anywhere that the big mechanical spider wasn't extremely impressive as well