Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Something wild - no lasers...

Great work Rob!
    I love all this kind of stuff. In the end, when it is ready for action, I don't think it will matter that it does not support itself. The elephant was the same - but in all the costumes, music and action you didn't even notice it. Still magical I think.
    David

I agree David Im sure the overall effect is gonna be magnificent, I'm really looking forward to it - even more so after seeing the spider prowling today.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

More news....behind Liverpool town hall on Exchange Flags (a quadrangle area) there are some Frenchmen apparently contructing a giant spiders web

Cool

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Those filthy froggies !!

I guess that the spidey will be using the Docks exit then instead of the normal exit.

Maybe our predictions have been wrong - the spider has appeared this morning on a building in the city centre
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-21664144/
    full schedule of the events here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/conte..._feature.shtml

Rob

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Maybe our predictions have been wrong ...
    Our predictions?

I read on some laser forum that your word is Gospel !!
    Thou art a false God, Mr Wax !!

that thing is going to take over the world!
    -Josh

Naahhh... That'll be the cockroaches.

I managed a quick nip down there today - Unfortunately it was mid afternoon so the blue morning skies had gone and it was raining so I didnt venture too far. Good to see though and great that it was causing such a stir

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP8774.jpg  

I now have a schedule of the event that the creature is involved with - I cant wait!
    I will be working in the city center tomorrow morning nearby where its on the building so Im hoping to see it being hoisted down.

Here it is.

Wednesday 3rd September
    Dawn The creature appears suspended on the side of Concourse Tower .
    10.00h A Research Base is set up at the Echo Arena at the ACC (Kings Dock).
    16.00h Scientists arrive at Concourse Tower to set up searchlights to light the creature.
    20.30h Scientists switch on searchlights, which stay lit overnight.
    Thursday 4th September
    11.30h The creature is craned off Concourse Tower .
    12.30h The convoy carries the creature and sets off for the Research base at ACC.
    13.00h The convoy arrives at the Research Base.
    Friday 5th September
    11.30h The scientists perform experiments on the creature using different special effects to see how it responds to different stimuli. The creature wakes up and is prevented from running away by a wall of Chinese firecrackers and by a fire effect. Eventually the creature is sent to sleep by a snow machine.
    18.00h The creature wakes and parades to Salthouse Dock.
    19.30h The creature arrives at the Dock and takes a bath, accompanied by live music.
    After her bath, she is dried and perfumed.
    20.30h The creature sets off for Cunard Building .
    21.00h The creature arrives at Cunard Building . It begins to snow gently and she falls asleep.
    Saturday 6th September
    11.30h The creature wakes up in the middle of a magical snowscape, and is serenaded with music.
    12.30h The creature goes to sleep again.
    14.45h The creature leaves Cunard Building and walks up Water Street .
    15.30h The creature arrives at Town Hall - smoke effect.
    15.40h The creature walks towards Derby Square along Castle Street .
    16.00h Water ballet at Derby Square (Waterproof clothing highly recommended).
    16.15h The creature walks down Lord Street to Holy Corner where it is snowing.
    17.00h The creature sleeps.
    18.30h The creature wakes and walks down Parker Street , serenaded on the way.
    20.00h A tempest rages at Ranelagh Place .
    20.30h The creature arrives at Concourse Tower , climbs up the tower and goes to sleep.
    Sunday 7th September
    15.00h The creature wakes up and is prepared for the evening's entertainment.
    16.00h The creature goes back to sleep.
    19.30h Cherry-pickers and musicians arrive.
    20.00h The creature is removed from the tower with a crane.
    20.30h The convoy leaves the tower and parades to Queensway Tunnel entrance.
    21.15h The creature tries to escape, but is prevented from doing so by the special effect machines.
    21.30h Finale at Queensway Tunnel.

Rob