Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Something wild - no lasers...

Default La Machine, La Princess, C'est Magnifique

I have just come back from seeing my first installment of the spider. I watched it wake outside the Cunard building, with a musical serenade, and she walked right past me and up Water Street into the city. I followed her for a short time then took a shortcut to get ahead of her. And watched her as she came out of Castle Street into Derby Square and down Lord Street. I will be going back for more maybe this evening and certainly tomorrow.
    The whole thing was superb - truly magical, as she woke and started to move her head I have to admit the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.
    Rob

Below is one image of her with one of Liverpools most iconic buildings as a backdrop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails la princess.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Blimey Rob !!
    You must have been about 15 feet away from me.

I was "oop north" to see the spider and to visit Southport Airshow.
    Took a stroll down to Burger King after watching it wake up and came out to watch it prancing down Lord Street.
    I got caught up in the crowds (wasn't the "crowd control" pretty ineffectual) and eventually got trapped right in front of where it came to rest for the afternoon (in front of Barrets).

More pics in my album.

Wicked Richard
    Glad you saw it - at least it proves I didnt just dream it. I arrived around 2pm and followed it up water street to the town hall then took a short cut to Derby Square - I headed it off at the pass! I have just returned from the Liverpool - I watched them remove it from the Concourse tower then I walked down to by the tunnel (or rather fought my way through) to watch the finale which was spectacular - I am gonna put my pix up when I sort through them (only taken 700 of it!) but here is one as a taster - just before all the fireworks. I have to say I have zero interest in the 'capital of culture' cos I think its mostly bollox but this has been a magnificent event, a truly magical spectacle. Well done the French!

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP9396.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Anyone interested here is a video of the beast in action on Saturday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_TWR7tCt2I

Rob

Hi Rob,
    Thanks for that, nice bit of video.
    There will be many that say that it was a waste of money.
    But look at all the spellbound faces - children and adults -, that experienced this event.
    I think we need this sort of thing in our lives.
    I grew up with the Apollo moon landings, much criticised for its expense - if I remember rightly much less than spent on pet food in the US, and certainly a tiny percentage of the US defense budget - but what an uplifting event for us all.
    Well thats my opinion anyway.
    ps - what was the music?
    All the best,
    David

Hi David
    I agree totally. This has been such a success I dont think anyone in the organising bodies will be unhappy - it truly brought the city to a standstill and brought the city together. I really cant stand the whole Liverpool Capital of culture lark - I think its a load of trumped up rubbish - but this event has almost changed my mind. There is rumours that following an excursion to Yokohama there are negotiations taking place to bring La Princess back to Liverpool as a permanent exhibit. I doubt this will happen but I will be might happy if it does. I cant tell you how pleased I am that such a great event and spectacle took place so close to me in my city of origin - Awesome.
    I will shortly be publishing some of my photos of La Princess to a webpage and will drop the link here when I have done so.
    The music is by (appropriately) a french band called Air and the track is called Cassanova 70 from thier mini album Permieres Symptomes.

Rob