Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musicians of PL ???

Default Musicians of PL ???

Without making any effort to survey, at SELEM, I found myself in the company of several musicians of some great accomplishments. I will be MP3ing my stuff soon. Imagine what collaborations might come of deep-fried-laser-geeks-on-musical-instruments within the context of the PL and our beloved Internet.

James.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

You've been driniking (again!).

Step away from the beer, Sir.
    Step away or we'll be forced to Taser you !!

Hey now! I would very much like to be called back to my music. I've had my head shoved up my computer for WAY too long!

Give me a reason to turn on and tune in again.

James.

I used to experiment with the bass and electric guitar but never got too far other than some stuff I layed down with a drum machine and a 4-track. But that was over 20 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    I used to experiment with the bass and electric guitar but never got too far other than some stuff I layed down with a drum machine and a 4-track. But that was over 20 yrs ago.
    "Sweet Leaf" is a good song. Don't you think?

James.

Ive been told that I'm ok on electric guitar...

Talking James Lehman 11:16:64

OK! Here it is!

This is my own original music. I wrote it, performed it and produced it.

There is one piece from 1984, a couple from 85. Most of it was done in 86 & 87. Then I bought a house in 87 and got a three piece band together. This got put on a shelf for a while. Then I almost died in 1990. So I figured I might want to get back to this and finish it. I finally got it out in November of 1990. I hope you like it.

http://www.akrobiz.com/james/jlcd1.html

http://www.akrobiz.com/james/11-16-64/

I'd love to get some feedback..... not just the squealing kind that is in some of these recordings!

Hint: It's really mixed for LOUD headphone listening. Don't mess with the EQ. Play it flat. MP3ing it didn't shred it too bad. The full wave from CD sounds better though.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 08-22-2008 at 20:04.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

I downloaded all your "album"and gave it a listen.

My oh my what an angry young man.

I like the harmonies on Track 2 (Look around), inspired by Queen no doubt. Nice work on those.
    What's with all the squeling on Track 3 (Once around the park)? Did you get your peepee stuck in your zipper or were you emulating Jacko?
    The rest of the tracks (in fact, the majority) are a bit raw but I suppose that's to be expected.
    My Fave would be Track 16 (Can't stop). The vocals are close to early Beatles and with a bit of spit and polish (and extra production values) this wouldn't be a bad single.

Overall I'd say the tracks are of their time.
    Unless I'm getting old (entirely possible) and this is aimed at a younger market.

carmangary admitted
    I layed down with a drum machine and a 4-track. But that was over 20 yrs ago.
    oooohhh errr ...Fnar... Fnar

i may be a bit pervy but never had sexual encounters with Audio gear

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    I downloaded all your "album"and gave it a listen.

My oh my what an angry young man.

I like the harmonies on Track 2 (Look around), inspired by Queen no doubt. Nice work on those.
    What's with all the squeling on Track 3 (Once around the park)? Did you get your peepee stuck in your zipper or were you emulating Jacko?
    The rest of the tracks (in fact, the majority) are a bit raw but I suppose that's to be expected.
    My Fave would be Track 16 (Can't stop). The vocals are close to early Beatles and with a bit of spit and polish (and extra production values) this wouldn't be a bad single.

Overall I'd say the tracks are of their time.
    Unless I'm getting old (entirely possible) and this is aimed at a younger market.
    All of the compositions, I wrote more than 20 years ago. Now I'm just an angry middle aged man.

It was all very experimental. I had no real mentor. I taught myself everything, and that CD was the results of my learning experience.

"Once Around The Park" is one of my most favorite compositions. The guitar solo that ends in a twisted mass of wreckage and the weird off tempo yipes and screams came from takes where I knew I had already screwed it up and would go over it again and erase it. I had no thoughts of "this is for the record". But, when I played it back a few days later, I knew I had to keep it that way.

There is a lot of weird, personal stuff in there.

I remember biting my tongue while screaming the words to "Ticket To The Past" and spitting blood on the lyrics page.

James.