Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: pangolin Beyond??

We were *suppose* to get a sneak peak of Beyond at SELEM, but that didn't happen... Guess we'll just have to wait a little bit longer. From what I understand, the new Beyond will run on the QM2K, but I'm not sure about the FB3, I suspect it will. I'm kinda glad to know that the hardware may not change since I think the QM2K is worth its weight in gold... I remember when the QM2K first came out, I had just bought a QM32 pro card off the street, went and saw the new QM2K at a pangolin meet, the first show was an all raster show called Linea, I knew I should have waited!

Lets hope when they launch BEYOND the they change the names , i have always been confused by the naming of their existing software ...it does not make sense to me :-)

Proff $4995
    Basic $2495
    Intro $1495

To me basic , means BASIC , it has negative connotations of being the lowest spec of the range , the name implies it should be cheaper than Intro , also calling anything basic is an automatic negative selling point

Ok lets HELP pangolin ...( like they need it eh ) lets name their new software for them hehehe

Pangolin BEYOND Stealth- ( wireless-just invented new product range ..now i have done the hard work coming up with the name it upto you guys to do the easy bit and make the product now :-) )

Pangolin BEYOND QMNET- ( QM2.net)
    Pangolin BEYOND QM2 - ( QM2)
    Pangolin BEYOND PRO- (proff)
    Pangolin BEYOND PROLITE- (basic)
    Pangolin BEYOND INTRO- (intro)
    Pangolin BEYOND LIVE- ( Livepro )
    Pangolin BEYOND Lite - ( FB3 Kit)

Yeah your right , i didnt put a HUGE amount of thought into those did I..maybe i should try again

Pangolin BEYOND Invisable ( wireless )
    Pangolin BEYOND Ultimate - Buffos Lasergasmic Edition
    Pangolin BEYOND Voyager - ( QM2.net)
    Pangolin BEYOND Raptor - ( QM2)
    Pangolin BEYOND Black Dragon- (proff)
    Pangolin BEYOND Enterprise- (basic)
    Pangolin BEYOND Invincable- (intro)
    Pangolin BEYOND WICKED- ( Livepro )
    Pangolin BEYOND HOBBY - ( FB3 Kit)

Ok I know just getting stupid now , i give up !

PAUL
    Last edited by Lasermad; 08-25-2008 at 01:41. Reason: spelling and late edition of Buffo Edition
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

hahaha i thought it was some thoughtful thinking for the names!
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Lets hope when they launch BEYOND the they change the names , i have always been confused by the naming of their existing software ...it does not make sense to me :-)

Proff $4995
    Basic $2495
    Intro $1495

To me basic , means BASIC , it has negative connotations of being the lowest spec of the range , the name implies it should be cheaper than Intro , also calling anything basic is an automatic negative selling point

Ok lets HELP pangolin ...( like they need it eh ) lets name their new software for them hehehe

Pangolin BEYOND Stealth- ( wireless-just invented new product range ..now i have done the hard work coming up with the name it upto you guys to do the easy bit and make the product now :-) )

Pangolin BEYOND QMNET- ( QM2.net)
    Pangolin BEYOND QM2 - ( QM2)
    Pangolin BEYOND PRO- (proff)
    Pangolin BEYOND PROLITE- (basic)
    Pangolin BEYOND INTRO- (intro)
    Pangolin BEYOND LIVE- ( Livepro )
    Pangolin BEYOND Lite - ( FB3 Kit)

Yeah your right , i didnt put a HUGE amount of thought into those did I..maybe i should try again

Pangolin BEYOND Invisable ( wireless )
    Pangolin BEYOND Ultimate - Buffos Lasergasmic Edition
    Pangolin BEYOND Voyager - ( QM2.net)
    Pangolin BEYOND Raptor - ( QM2)
    Pangolin BEYOND Black Dragon- (proff)
    Pangolin BEYOND Enterprise- (basic)
    Pangolin BEYOND Invincable- (intro)
    Pangolin BEYOND WICKED- ( Livepro )
    Pangolin BEYOND HOBBY - ( FB3 Kit)

Ok I know just getting stupid now , i give up !

PAUL
    What OS I have to buy to run this wonderful software?...

Windows Vista Business Lite.. or I need Vista Ultimate?... does it doing to run on Windows Vista Home Basic? I need at least Home Premium?
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Has anyone developed a lens system that would be right before the galvo (close) and would be able to adjust the rgb convergence on the fly?

Hi all,

Just a few brief notes as I dash out to the office.

BEYOND is our next-generation software. It is only software. It will work with the FB3 or the QM2000 (or both), so anyone with Pangolin hardware will be able to use BEYOND with no problem.

If we really wanted it to, we could make BEYOND work with anybody's hardware, but then we get into a lot of other issues such as -- if something doesn't work, who's to blame? Would a fault be a hardware or software problem? This opens the door to a lot of extra support phone calls and emails that we don't have with Pangolin hardware. Plus, as the Phoenix guys recently discovered, allowing your software to run on other people's hardware also opens the door for piracy. All a pirate needs to do is build the easiest hardware, crack the software, and away they go. This has never happened with Pangolin systems, and likely never will.

BEYOND is very efficient with the PC's CPU. When it is operating, you barely see the CPU usage move up. So this is a very efficient system and will work with any PC that is running any modern version of Windows.

As far as lasers are concerned, we have a new concept. Bsically people don't have to worry about points, scan rates, or anything else. It is a kind of "just draw" technology, and BEYOND figures everything else out. Aside from that, we aren't saying much... We purposely want people wondering what it is and how it works.

So far we have the timeline and new frame editors under way. Right now there is no Live portion. Although eventually there will be Live implications, if we had to put a product out today, the live portion would simply be LivePRO.

BEYOND is scalable, meaning that we can extract certain parts, scale back other parts, and make "editions" out of it. So for example, we could make a Laser Enthusiasts edition, and a super-duper wazmo edition, as well as in-between editions.

As far as upgrades, we really haven't completely decided how that will work. But I wouldn't worry about this too much. We have always been fair about this sort of thing in the past, and I am sure many people will receive some edition of BEYOND for free.

Best regards,

William Benner

thats really nice to read because I have ordered the FB3 2 days ago :-)
    Pangolin support is famous

Will Beyond work with ILDA files?

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Will Beyond work with ILDA files?
    Lets see!!!
    'im hoping for an "universal" SHOW extention so QM2K and FB3 users can share their shows.

LD2000 created shows cant run on the FB3 LAstudio software.
    Hopefully this will be eliminated in the future (if its possible with al the creativeRIGHTS on the existing showfiles)

awesome! thank you very much for the nice update!
    -Josh