Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laserboy DAC connecting to DMX board

What pin is used for intesity then ?

Quote Originally Posted by seanharrison View Post
    What pin is used for intesity then ?
    R, G, B are all analog voltages from 0 to +5V. That means that at any given time, you can have anything from nothing to full-on red, green and blue, independently. It is the relative mixture of these three colors that gives you the look of all of the colors you (think) you can see.

If you only have one laser and it is TTL, then use the fourth color output of the LaserBoy Correction Amp, (I) to control the level of that one laser. It is a TTL signal that is either high when the laser should be lit or low when it should be blank; an nothing in between.

In the near future I will be releasing a version of LaserBoy that will have a channel assignment matrix and you will be able to assign any signal to any channel and even have more signal types to choose from.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    R, G, B are all analog voltages from 0 to +5V. That means that at any given time, you can have anything from nothing to full-on red, green and blue, independently. It is the relative mixture of these three colors that gives you the look of all of the colors you (think) you can see.

If you only have one laser and it is TTL, then use the fourth color output of the LaserBoy Correction Amp, (I) to control the level of that one laser. It is a TTL signal that is either high when the laser should be lit or low when it should be blank; an nothing in between.

In the near future I will be releasing a version of LaserBoy that will have a channel assignment matrix and you will be able to assign any signal to any channel and even have more signal types to choose from.

James.
    I have one laser and its modulated ?

I have one laser and its modulated ?
    Well, you can convert your colors to gray scales and send any of the the color channels to your green laser. Or just go with the TTL channel.

James.

BTW... I just got portaudio 19 to compile on my Windows machine!!!

Things are looking good as far as getting LaserBoy to be able to talk to the sound system directly. Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Lehman View Post
    BTW... I just got portaudio 19 to compile on my Windows machine!!!

Things are looking good as far as getting LaserBoy to be able to talk to the sound system directly. Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

James.

Does this mean that laserboy will be able to output directly to the sound bus without having to export waves ?

Does this mean that laserboy will be able to output directly to the sound bus without having to export waves ?
    Eventually, yes. But it also means that it can play waves that have already been made and do stuff to the stream before it gets sent to the sound card.

James.

This came from here:
    http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.LaserFX.com/Standards/ISP-DB25.html

If we reinterpret this information in the context of a single ended, common ground situation like The LaserBoy Correction Amp, then it looks like this:

You can either short pins 4 & 17 together or put an emergency cut off (closed to open) switch between them.

For the average SS RGB projector, the important signals are 1-X, 2-Y, 5-R, 6-G, 7-B, 4=17, 13=+5VDC, 14=15=18=19=20=25=GND.

James.
    Last edited by James Lehman; 09-14-2008 at 12:38.

excellent, That was the same chart i was using from laserfx

ps. damn you, i got my linux box back out the cupboard

ps. damn you, i got my linux box back out the cupboard
    Awesome!!!

James.